Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
That'll be the day...
3,742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be it a simple Cold or Seasonal Flu or.... the SCARY COVID-19.....

Have you ever felt you needed to run a Clorox wipe over your stool, chair or bench when you go to the range?

What about indoor ranges?

Has all this COVID hype changed the way you behave in life around shooting environments?

I ask, because as I was unloading the truck the other day, commandeering a long range bench.... It crossed my mind.

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,567 Posts
I never think about it

Even during cold and flu season

I do however wash my hands a lot. I haven't had a sick day in about 16-17 years or so and that was only for 1 day

I'm not knocking on wood....:D:

My day is coming I'm sure

Reactions: meadmkr

·
Registered
376 Posts
I never gave it any thought either, not even during cold and flu season as well. But now I might think about it if I do go to the range this weekend. Most of the ranges I go to are indoors. Maybe I'll skip this week and the next few... I just dont know right now.

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,275 Posts
I never think about it...................But then I have five "Private" shooting ranges. Two of which involve shooting out the cabin window. And there are no other humans that come here. Sooo I just never think about it.

·
What hell, pay attention
7,970 Posts
Death comes with a crawl, or comes with a pounce,
And whether he's slow or spry,
It isn't the fact that you're dead that counts,
But only how did you die? :D:

Life is a big game of Battleship. If your numbers get called, its time to go. ;)

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
13,567 Posts
Death comes with a crawl, or comes with a pounce,
And whether he's slow or spry,
It isn't the fact that you're dead that counts,
But only how did you die? :D:

Life is a big game of Battleship. If your numbers get called, its time to go. ;)
Eat right

Exercise

Die anyway! :D:

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I never think about it...................But then I have five "Private" shooting ranges. Two of which involve shooting out the cabin window. And there are no other humans that come here. Sooo I just never think about it.
I bet you go through a LOT of hand lotion with no other humans around. :D:

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Even when I leave the supermarket I grab another wipe and wipe my door handle, steering wheel, gear shift and parking brake handle. At the Chinese buffet I use hand sanitizer after every trip to the steam tables.

Just like in our home defense scenarios where that one mistake is going to cost us, I missed something. I hadn't fastened the seat belt when I was doing all the careful wipe down and I missed it. I won't forget it next time.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Nope. Trying to disinfect everything you come in contact with is virtually impossible.

Plus, your immune system is like a muscle in that the less it's used, the weaker it gets.

Just sayin.

·
operatorchan.org
2,798 Posts
I've never disinfected my shooting lane at an indoor range. I always wash my hands after with cold water and lead removing foam, for the lead not any worry about germs. At my outdoor range I keep wipes in my bag, for lead removal... see the theme here? I'm more worried about the long term effects of heavy metals on my health than I am the coronavirus. However the coronavirus is having an effect on other people's behavior, I'm mildly concerned about that.

·
Registered
75 Posts
You don't wanna flex those muscles on flu virus or covid-19 do you?
I'd rather not but according to the experts trying to stop a virus like this, or even regular flu is like trying to stop the wind from blowing.

I mitigate as much risk of exposure as I can but ....my work requires travel and interaction with people all over the country. I physically can not sanitize everything.

My focus is to be and stay as healthy as possible. I'm doing what I can to ensure my system is ready for the inevitable fight that most of us, even those that think they are taking EVERY precaution, are likely gonna face.

Short of totally cutting yourself off from ALL people......that's really the only sure way to avoid exposure.

Surgical masks, sanitizers, and Lysol isn't gonna stop this thing or make that much of a difference in terms of it spreading. Not to say don't do what you can, every little but could help, but I'm a realist.

I can't just isolate until this blows over. I'm in and out of a different population center daily.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Hands pick up the most germs so using hand sanitizer is wise. After all it works for docs and nurses who treat sick people.

·
Registered
11,459 Posts
I work in a school.

I’m doomed.:(

So no, I don’t disinfect things. I DO use the free wipes at the store on the cart handle, but other than that, it’s all about me washing right.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
IMO hand washing is far better than hand sanitizer, better for our skin plus no systemic alcohol absorption. When I am out I do use it after I leave each store, and in the Chinese buffet after each trip to the steam tables. I am not worried, just a little more cautious than normal.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts