Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have not seen one thread on flashlights since ive been a member. I know about the search feature, just thought it would be a good idea.

Please respond with what and why.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Why can't you just answer his question and not be so smart about it?

I guess I would take my Maglite, I know it's heavy but it can be used as a weapon.

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Man, I have a serious stable of lights, so picking just one is tough.
You didn't say anything about batteries, so assuming I can take plenty of those, I might pick one of my Surefires that use a single cr123 lithium.( rock-solid light, with tactical tail-switch activating a very respectable high power,and a long-running low power.)
If batteries weren't abundant, a single AA light might be ideal. Though they're no photon-cannon,they run forever on one common battery,so my Gerber Infinities are big favorites.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Man, I have a serious stable of lights, so picking just one is tough.
You didn't say anything about batteries, so assuming I can take plenty of those, I might pick one of my Surefires that use a single cr123 lithium.( rock-solid light, with tactical tail-switch activating a very respectable high power,and a long-running low power.)
If batteries weren't abundant, a single AA light might be ideal. Though they're no photon-cannon,they run forever on one common battery,so my Gerber Infinities are big favorites.
CR123 is what I want to roll with so I can interchange with steri pen and headlamp

·
"Somebody Get a Rope"
1,187 Posts
I have a Coast P17 LED LENSER. It's a real serious light.

It has a speed focus and a quick cycle variable light switch. Uses 3 D cells and is constructed of heavy metal so it would be a formidable weapon.

elgin

·
Cranky Old Guy
433 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a nice rechargeable Streamlight SX20 that I can recharge off house current/ generator or my uninterruptable power supplies (recycled from an office remodel) or from the car, and I would like to have my little Streamlight headlamp, even though it takes single-use batteries.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
If batteries are not a problem then it would be a LED Maglite. Love Maglites made in USA. Otherwise it would be one or our Hand crank dynamo units from various sources. newer the better so the internal rechargeable is fresh. I also have lights on my ETON hand crank/solar radios.

·
The "Truth" Is A Lie!
530 Posts

Pretty good Lumen output and ridiculous run time.
But look at how much juice it uses! Plus it's hard to store. :xeye:

If I can only take one, I would choose this simply because it's reliable, uses no batteries, and has at least three uses.... American Red Cross Microlink Weather Radio Flashlight With Cell Phone Charger.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts