Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
... --- ...
14,874 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking into the RAT 5, and I keep reading recommendations to get the "true" RAT from RC rather than the Ontario version, but I'm unable to get any clarification as to why.
As I understand, Ontario was licensed to produce the Randall design, then there was a spat between them, and now Ontario puts out a version, and so does Randall Cutlery.
The RC version is twice the cost, and seems to have a slightly thicker blade, but is there any real reason to avoid the Ontario RAT 5?
Any info much appreciated....

·
Registered
456 Posts
The fellow behind RAT seperated from Ontario which is just a company that used to make RATs for Jeff.

So now the man has more control over his product. I don't own a RAT but from the posts I've read those who have own both prefer RAT over the Ontario models.

·
Knife Nut
131 Posts
The RAT does have a thicker blade, but because of the heat treating process being used by rowan(the company making the blades for RAT) the RC knives are also more flexable. I do think it is worth the extra money, not only a better product than the ontario but it also has an unlimited waranty whereas the ontario does not.

·
Got any beer money?
371 Posts
This is about the RC-3, but not really.

Really it's about Ontario RATs vs RAT Cutlery RATs.

You may learn something (or maybe not).

The Bum (aka BlunTruth)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts