Survivalist Forum banner
61 - 80 of 156 Posts

·
What would Mal do
5,240 Posts
I retired from trucking in 2016. The KW I drove had dual 120 tanks. I usually filled the 75g reefer tank while I fueled. If I put in 50, + the 240, at a approximate $3.40 price back then, that would total $986.00 6 years ago.
Today, if I filled at the nearest diesel pump in a small town 8 miles away at their current $5.49 per gallon, that would total $1592.10
There is no way paying loads have come up to meet these fuel costs today. Fuel surcharges have to be added to fuel costs, and someone somewhere has to be eating some fuel costs, which is the owner/owners of the truck delivering your food and those TV's in front of your recliner.
That KW I drove averaged 6 mpg. I pulled a lot of hills in Arkansas, which lowered that mpg tremendously.
long time friend just sold his rig..using the funds to pay off all debt and retire earlier than he had planned. He pulled through the covid nonsense when truckers were banned from using restrooms, being able to sit down to a lousy restaurant meal, etc. and now, these costs...yeah, there is huge demand for CDLs out there right now, but for an O/O....the math on the contracts just don't work.

·
Happy to be here!
5,632 Posts
I think it's dangerous to ignore the obvious and while capitalism has its flaws no other system has raised the standered of living of the people or nation more than capitalism. The perfect economy has no existence but the best that man can do is capitalism it is a proven system and the corptacracy as you call it isn't capitalism but a form of fascism, government and business working together for mutual political goals and not economic goals has nothing to do with free market principles...
I agree.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I think it's dangerous to be dismissive of an idea because you have preconceived economic, social or political philosophies about how the world should work. For example; capitalism and free market are always good. Therefore whatever big businesses do is always good. I think America is in real danger of becoming a corp-tocracy if it isn't already.
Yep, Then there is the question why are they puting the prices up when the Gas they are producing came out of the same hole as it did the week before and it has not cost them anymore to produce it and then they say they are going to give the share holders their Cut of 4.6 billion pounds every Quarter, So they are going to give away 18.4 Billion Pounds to share holders by the end of the Year, In the mean time people can't afford Gas for their Trucks and Small Semi Owner Opperators are going to go bankrupt because they can't afford to run the Trucks so with no loads coming in they are going to suffer and then the Banks will step in and close them down,

There is no reason on earth where a company needs to make nigh On 70 Billion and not use it, If the avarage Joe won 5 Mil then after buying a new Truck and paying off the Home I doubt they would have a clue on what to do with the rest of it apart from buying a few Toys, Where as BP and Shell have made such a huge amount that not even they know what to do with it and they have done it when the world was On Hard Times, with Covid where people could not go to work and lost their Jobs and Businesses and others were dying and even now where people are being killed around the world Still BP and Shell are Skinning people down to the Bare Bones,

I know a few people who have survived this past winter with no heating or lighting what so ever and they are wondering how they are going to make it through the rest of the year. While rich Share Holders make even more money while the family Man and his family go without. That don't sit well with Me.:mad:

·
Registered
4,727 Posts

·
Registered
11,232 Posts
They just said on the News that Shell has now made over 7.3 million POUNDS for the first Quater of this year that is their highest quarterly figure EVER That is equal to 9.49 Billion USD thats 37.96 Billion for the year at this rate, Add to that the 6 Billion Pounds BP made is $7.8 Billion USD, plus 9.49 Billion Dollars thats 19.29 Billion Dollars in the first 3 months so by the end of the year that could add up to $69,160,000,000 OR 69.16 Billion Dollars Just from 2 companies, thats bs when people are struggling to feed their families or have heating in the winter just gone,

I am stunned how they can sit back and do this to the people, when is enough enough for these people, What will they do when they run out of people to sell it to, ?
I don't think you are looking at the entire balance sheet.

BP had a $20.3 billion dollar loss in Q1 2022 due to leaving Russia. You may be confusing revenues with profits. They are expecting $14-15 billion in capital expenditures and are still $27.5 billion in debt. You might want to wait for the annual report to come out.
bp's first quarter 2022 results | Investors | Home

·
Premium Member
14,437 Posts

BP had a $20.3 billion dollar loss in Q1 2022 due to leaving Russia. You may be confusing revenues with profits. They are expecting $14-15 billion in capital expenditures and are still $27.5 billion in debt. You might want to wait for the annual report to come out.
Meh
He's just ranting over the cost of fuel, facts just get in the way of that....

·
Registered
1,260 Posts

BP them selves have said they they have made a 7.3 Billion Pound Profit In the first 3 months of this year, NOT My Words, There's, Profit means it is Above their Debts So they have made a much bigger profit overall, BP are the Greedyist Gas brand in Europe, And when ever there is talk of a price rise they are the first company to increaase their prices. Where a Gallon of Diesel is around $10.00+ per gallon and more in a lot of cases,

More to the point we are talking about JUST BP UK not Global BP, What happened with russia has little effect in the UK, It's about time they were pulled in to line, Making a profit is a good thing but when it exceeds the total income of a Small Country then that is going too far, I stopped using my Natural Gas Supply to the House 6 years ago because they made it so I could not afford it So for the past 10 years I have only used it once, Where it is cheaper for me to buy Canned and Bottled Gas and the money I save funds my Toys,

And with what the power companies are charging here now is beyond what you can Imagine, So I have swapped out all my Appliances to low Wattage Items and the Power Company did not like that where they even Investigated me and took photographs of my meters because they thought I was stealing Gas/LPG from them, when the truth is at the time I just could not afford to use it back then, BP and the likes who supply the power companies have a lot to answer for, But one thing for sure they won't get one Cent out of Me.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Meh
He's just ranting over the cost of fuel, facts just get in the way of that....
Your not even Here so what would you know about It, BP also supplies Oil and Gas/LPG for heating and electricity for many parts of the country as well as Fuel for Vehicles,

Needless to say I have Butane and Propane Supplies stashed away and I buy my Diesel and Unleaded from out of Town retailers, And I have enough put by to last at leased 600 Days.

·
Premium Member
14,437 Posts
Your not even Here so what would you know about It, BP also supplies Oil and Gas/LPG for heating and electricity for many parts of the.
Are you not ranting about high energy cost?
We're you not blaming British Petroleum for your tale of woe?
Be better informed and put the blame were it belongs 😉 that way you can make informed decisions instead of parroting someone else's narrative...

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Are you not ranting about high energy cost?
We're you not blaming British Petroleum for your tale of woe?
Be better informed and put the blame were it belongs 😉 that way you can make informed decisions instead of parroting someone else's narrative...
The Key word here in BP's Statement is the word "Profit" NOT "Pre_Debt" Profit and their Diesel and Unleaded prices are the worst in the Country, They have their fingers in many Pie's But the cost of their Diesel is a joke, Where you are now having to pay what we were paying back in 1997/2000, And now Our prices are even higher,

There is No way would I drive a Pickup or a 4x4 here anymore, which is why I changed Vehicles to one that does over 60mpg per Imp Gallon, What you fail to see is that because of companies like BP a lot of people have given up Driving altogether and If I had not bought the Vehicle I have then I would of given up driving to, where for the average Guy Filling the Tank up here takes planning and budgeting a week or two prior,

Where planing a road trip it becomes a case of balancing available funds for the month on what you can afford to spend daily, I can't see many Americans putting up with having to live like that, Or being having to pay a Toll because of what comes out of your Vehicles Exhaust, or another Toll because of the Engine Size, Or Another Toll once you enter a City And having to pay all Three plus the High Gas Prices makes It Impossible,

Bring your Powerstroke or Raptor here and try it for a month and you will be having to push it every where after the first week,:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

·
Premium Member
14,437 Posts
The Key word here in BP's Statement is the word "Profit" NOT "Pre_Debt" Profit and their Diesel and Unleaded prices are the worst in the Country, They have their fingers in many Pie's But the cost of their Diesel is a joke, Where you are now having to pay what we were paying back in 1997/2000, And now Our prices are even higher,

There is No way would I drive a Pickup or a 4x4 here anymore, which is why I changed Vehicles to one that does over 60mpg per Imp Gallon, What you fail to see is that because of companies like BP a lot of people have given up Driving altogether and If I had not bought the Vehicle I have then I would of given up driving to, where for the average Guy Filling the Tank up here takes planning and budgeting a week or two prior,

Where planing a road trip it becomes a case of balancing available funds for the month on what you can afford to spend daily, I can't see many Americans putting up with having to live like that, Or being having to pay a Toll because of what comes out of your Vehicles Exhaust, or another Toll because of the Engine Size, Or Another Toll once you enter a City And having to pay all Three plus the High Gas Prices makes It Impossible,

Bring your Powerstroke or Raptor here and try it for a month and you will be having to push it every where after the first week,:LOL::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Ok now we're getting to the crux of the matter, your problems are not with BP but with your own government and I detect just a little bit of Yank envy... Sorry for your woes mate but you deserve the government you elect same as we do... 🤨

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
Ok now we're getting to the crux of the matter, your problems are not with BP but with your own government and I detect just a little bit of Yank envy... Sorry for your woes mate but you deserve the government you elect same as we do... 🤨
I have always Admired America and I do most of my Shopping In America or buy American and Canadian Products,

I just find it pretty rude when these companies are price gauging when the country/world is in a mess, The GOV are to blaim in one way because they have given these companies free reign to do as they like when they really need to be capped.

Another reason for shopping in North America is because I would rather support good companies who have looked after us over the years and keep American Jobs Flowing, I would rather spend my Money where it is appreciated and does some good as opposed to going in the pockets of the unknown, Where even now I am still waiting for a delivery from the US for my New Coleman Kero Lantern even if it does take 2 or 3 weeks to get here, I started Importing my Gear from the US back around 2012 and I always have, It's Not "Yank Envy" It just seems like the right thing to do, (y)

·
Registered
4,471 Posts
The thing with O&G company profits is that is is based on the international cost of the commodity. Individual companies don't set the cost per unit of energy.

There's a fixed/bottom line cost to produce a MMBtu of gas or barrel of crude. It varies by country, location (offshore, onshore,etc) and the process that's pulling it out

If Shell can make 10% profit from pulling a barrel of oil out the ground at $45/barrel (average), their profits skyrocket when it's $100/barrel. (that example would be a profit at a factor of 10)

Of course the O&G markets are "manipulated" but that's just the way it is. OPEC sets it's output, gas producers set theirs, etc. They could ramp up but sometimes there are bottlenecks downstream that would throttle final output anyway.

·
Premium Member
14,437 Posts
I have always Admired America and I do most of my Shopping In America or buy American and Canadian Products,

I just find it pretty rude when these companies are price gauging when the country/world is in a mess, The GOV are to blaim in one way because they have given these companies free reign to do as they like when they really need to be capped.

Another reason for shopping in North America is because I would rather support good companies who have looked after us over the years and keep American Jobs Flowing, I would rather spend my Money where it is appreciated and does some good as opposed to going in the pockets of the unknown, Where even now I am still waiting for a delivery from the US for my New Coleman Kero Lantern even if it does take 2 or 3 weeks to get here, I started Importing my Gear from the US back around 2012 and I always have, It's Not "Yank Envy" It just seems like the right thing to do, (y)
As an American I appreciate your compliments, but we as a people are being governed by horried leadership currently who frankly thinks proven economics must take a backseat to party ideology in order to save the planet supposedly and the people from themselves...
We are a continent with the resources to mitigate and overcome Oil shortages yet the current idiocy in charge haven't come to grips with the fact that this nation runs on cheap energy, everything we have to do with is oil related...
Honestly?
I believe we have already gone over the edge and higher and higher commodity prices are a symptom of that. After the dust clears I hope we as a people will be complimented for our post implosion behavior then perhaps we can all get back to being just Americans again. ''E Pluribus unim''

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
As an American I appreciate your compliments, but we as a people are being governed by horried leadership currently who frankly thinks proven economics must take a backseat to party ideology in order to save the planet supposedly and the people from themselves...
We are a continent with the resources to mitigate and overcome Oil shortages yet the current idiocy in charge haven't come to grips with the fact that this nation runs on cheap energy, everything we have to do with is oil related...
Honestly?
I believe we have already gone over the edge and higher and higher commodity prices are a symptom of that. After the dust clears I hope we as a people will be complimented for our post implosion behavior then perhaps we can all get back to being just Americans again. ''E Pluribus unim''
See you hit on another Gem there, America has the resources so they can correct any errors in the prices, The UK has to buy those same resources but even when they do buy them at discounted prices that is never reflected at the Pumps so fuels never come down they just stay dormont until the next price rise, In the end I stopped working in the City because of all the extra tolls and Diesel prices and the Cost of parking was more than I could earn where I'd have to earn more than $160 to $180 USD per day before I earnt $1.00 for my self and there is just something wrong with that, And It's wrong to pass that kind of costs to the Customer So I just gave up in the end,

I have always driven Jeeps and F-100 and F-350's or some kind of 4x4, Changing to an MPV has saved me paying one of the Daily Tolls and saved me a small fortune on fuel costs, It's not what I would drive if this was an equal playing field but it is impressive in that I can go anywhere and not have to Place body parts on Ebay to do it, :eek:

·
Premium Member
14,437 Posts
See you hit on another Gem there, America has the resources so they can correct any errors in the prices, The UK has to buy those same resources but even when they do buy them at discounted prices that is never reflected at the Pumps so fuels never come down they just stay dormont until the next price rise, In the end I stopped working in the City because of all the extra tolls and Diesel prices and the Cost of parking was more than I could earn where I'd have to earn more than $160 to $180 USD per day before I earnt $1.00 for my self and there is just something wrong with that, And It's wrong to pass that kind of costs to the Customer So I just gave up in the end,

I have always driven Jeeps and F-100 and F-350's or some kind of 4x4, Changing to an MPV has saved me paying one of the Daily Tolls and saved me a small fortune on fuel costs, It's not what I would drive if this was an equal playing field but it is impressive in that I can go anywhere and not have to Place body parts on Ebay to do it, :eek:
Well then, best of luck to you...

·
Registered
4,727 Posts
They are trying to wast as much money as they can , when ww3 starts all the tanks are going to drive in reverse . This is crazy
you would think we could have them arrested for Treason
If I was to be the big boy in the big pants, the whole crew up there would be imprisoned for treason.

Reactions: wellbuilt
61 - 80 of 156 Posts