Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's going on? $5.69 a gallon here in Western Colorado, and that's not a freeway station. Gas is around $3.80/$4.00. Not sure why the spread. I'm sure Brandon has something to do with it. Hope it settles down but I'm not counting on it. $152 to fill up the Duramax today. For the first time, I'm thinking about it before going somewhere. Same thing going on where you live? Not good.

·
Registered
4,716 Posts
Hoping sleepy jOe doesn't release any more national reserves to drop prices. That was a back fire the last time he did that.

I'm thinking we need to be holding our butt cheeks for the next jump in fuel prices.
This is killin the less fortunate that can hardly even afford to keep a car running getting to work.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cheapest diesel here is $4.99, but within a mile it’s anywhere from $5.49, 5.14,5.29 and 5.39. Usually it’s pretty uniform in pricing, pretty bizarre. It was $129 to fill the dodge up today

·
Registered
35 Posts
Virginia: gas $4.08 & diesel $5.40..... All + - 15 cents. Those are "in town" prices.
I have a toyota that gets over 32 in the city, & a truck that has a drinking problem.
At this point, I do find myself thinking through my trips and I'm buying extra items
so I don't have any 1 item trips.

·
Chef,cook & bottle washer
555 Posts
Have been looking for a reason to buy a small dual purpose bike for a few years…que $5.19 diesel…good,luck, should have jumped way earlier…anything used is priced @ new price…$6k plus.
It’s not that I can’t afford it, I just won’t as it would take a long time to pay for itself…will just limit miles in the oil burner.

1,332 Posts
Diesel is running $5.40-5.70 in Western MT, gas between $4-4.30.

The wife is questioning her choice to buy a V8 truck. Not that it makes a difference: we need it for moving hay and horse equipment. She’s been driving the Geo when possible, which helps.

·
What would Mal do
5,237 Posts
chevy 3500 duramax owner here as well South Carolina - off the interstate price is always beeter by about 10-15 cents. Monday April 30th saw a 50 cent hike to $5.19 overnight. Then again this Monday it jumped to $5.69 overnight
gas is still in the $3.89 range..but delta between the two fuels.
fortunately the truck doesn't have to be driven..no longer running the side biz and no plans for the travel trailer this summer with these prices. Years worth of DEF is stored in the garage as well.

·
Premium Member
14,432 Posts
What's going on? $5.69 a gallon here in Western Colorado, and that's not a freeway station. Gas is around $3.80/$4.00. Not sure why the spread. I'm sure Brandon has something to do with it. Hope it settles down but I'm not counting on it. $152 to fill up the Duramax today. For the first time, I'm thinking about it before going somewhere. Same thing going on where you live? Not good.
What's going on?

1 - 20 of 156 Posts