Survivalist Forum banner
  • Are you passionate about survivalism? Would you like to write about topics that interest you and get paid for it? Read all about it here!

Did you write to your representative in favor of or against the bailout?

• In favor of

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Against

Votes: 21 75.0%
  • Didn't write them

Votes: 6 21.4%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
To the Liberty Tree!
1,312 Posts
I wrote to everybody I could, many times. I email friends and family telling them to write too, all against.

One of the reps last night... I believe from California.. said that he had lots of calls come in to his office suddenly in support of the bill. He though it strange and looked into in and found that they were coming from WALL ST! It seems that companies on wall street starting making their employees get on the phone and call all the reps to support the bill!

·
Mother of One.
234 Posts
Yes. I emailed my rep yesterday urging him to vote "no" to the bailout again. He did. Still didn't help.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
repeatedly, i did my best to shut down both senators e mail thru volume and clog the switchboards with phone calls.

since they would not listen i went to my rep -- still looking to find out how he voted

result will determine my vote and where a campaign contribution will go --- them or anyone running against them.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Unfortunately, I have the honor of having Chris Dodd as one of my Senators.. He's one of the ringleaders.. The funny thing is I also have to endure Joe Lieberman as my other senator.. Shoot me now..

·
Haha
3,407 Posts
I called my representative and told him to vote no against the bailout and that I would release naked pictures of him and an underage prostitute to the press if he voted for the bailout. :)

-Cade

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
didnt write them. I've given up on them low lifes. The only good they'll ever be is to their own agenda. THE PEOPLE haven't mattered to the upper class in... well- ever.

Reactions: Scruggs

·
Hiding in plain sight
377 Posts
I did. I know for sure that my rep. voted no again this time around, and last time 2 out of 3 reps in the state voted no. Not sure on the other guy this time around he said he was still not convinced but he sounded like a pushover.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
I see mine almost everyday he is home. He voted against the bill and is being crucified in the media. He is a really good guy. He didn't get rich in congress if that tells you anything. He and his wife gave money to buy schools and such. Sad to say he is probably not going to run after this election.

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
Unfortunately, I have the honor of having Chris Dodd as one of my Senators.. He's one of the ringleaders.. The funny thing is I also have to endure Joe Lieberman as my other senator.. Shoot me now..
Well, at least you have one good senator. A bit of business... I own all of the reelection domains names for Chris Dodd. They are for sale. When you own something like... Reelect Chris Dodd.com you can put anything you want on that site... good or bad... actually I own all the "reelect" domain names for every senator who has announced they are running for reelection in 2010. If anyone knows anyone who might be interested in those 85 domain names give a holler... heck if sold through via a contact here I'll give Kev a 5% commission.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts