Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another recent thread is about 'why have/use Imodium?' and it occurred to me that rehydration might be something to have some information on for post-fan less-than-clean water/food/etc. situations.

Just about everything technical you might ever want to know about the runs or trots is here, including fragile populations, causes, medications that can trigger the trots, etc.

The guy who posts at the Avian Flu Diary here has information on how to make rehydration formula as well as how he stores it [in small, bagged amounts suitable for adding to 2 liters of water].

·
Banned
3,760 Posts
I've heard that coke (you know, the coca cola/pepsi stuff) is a great mixture of salts and sugers for rehydration. So coke (not too cold and without the bubbles) works just as good as any other ORS (oral rehydration salts) in water and it kills bacteria. So when you are dehydrated because of diarrhea, and you don't have ORS, drink coke. :cool:

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
How about dried Gatorade in pre-measured packages. I sell the stuff by the case. I don't know the exact ingredients but I'm sure that sugar is in there and also electrolytes. I'll look more closely. I can get cases at cost.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The best thing that works if you have diarrhea or or an upset stomach is charcoal pills take two to three charcoal pills.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts