Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Weed 'em and reap
31,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
About 10 years ago, I bought a shovel, and I can't remember where I got it. I think it was a middle of the road quality, and the brand name was "Diamondback" and it had a picture of a snake on the logo decal. Handle is brown fiberglass with a black rubber strip running the full length of the top.

Here's the thing: I can't harm it. I have done things with it that should have destroyed it, and it doesn't even blush. I am constantly hitting rocks that have damaged far more expensive tools, and flexed the handle beyond all reason, and it hasn't phased it one bit.

Here's my dilemma: I want to get more and I can't find them. Has anyone every heard of this brand, or know where I can buy more?

·
Registered
2 Posts
About 10 years ago, I bought a shovel, and I can't remember where I got it. I think it was a middle of the road quality, and the brand name was "Diamondback" and it had a picture of a snake on the logo decal. Handle is brown fiberglass with a black rubber strip running the full length of the top.

Here's the thing: I can't harm it. I have done things with it that should have destroyed it, and it doesn't even blush. I am constantly hitting rocks that have damaged far more expensive tools, and flexed the handle beyond all reason, and it hasn't phased it one bit.

Here's my dilemma: I want to get more and I can't find them. Has anyone every heard of this brand, or know where I can buy more?

I had one of those too. Got it at Home Depot. Research shows it was a sub brand of ames, only made a couple years. Patent has expired

·
Registered
16,566 Posts
I had one of those too. Got it at Home Depot. Research shows it was a sub brand of ames, only made a couple years. Patent has expired
The patent on what, exactly? The stuff and technique used for the handle?

If so...is it yet another case of making something too good, so they stop making it to bolster sales of the inferior crap?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.