Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Happiness is 2 at low 8
1,403 Posts
It's where the excess sugar in your bloodstream deadens the nerve endings in your extremities so you can't feel pain. This is a big deal because any injury to your feet will go untreated AND with high bloodsugar you're slow to heal anyway.

I have Type II diabetes, but have not developed the neuropathy yet..

Allan

·
Here's my safety Sir
14,678 Posts
Those dealing with diabetes have to be very aware of their problem when prepping for SHTF. There is a lot to take into consideration on foods. My wife was just diagnosed with hypoglycemia and is a problem to deal with from day to day not even thinking of prepping for it.

·
Scarred for life...
3,295 Posts
I have it in the toes of my left foot.

It is nothing to mess around with. If untreated you will lose your feet, maybe even your legs.

Get your diabetes under control. Check your feet for sores or broken skin every day. Quit smoking or at least cut way back.

The most important thing is to get your diabetes under control. That means checking your blood sugar every day or better yet several times per day. Take insulin if at all possible. Yeah I know you probably don't like needles, so maybe you'll like living in a wheelchair better? Learn to eat healthier foods. Lose weight.

My diabetes is under control. I lost 120 pounds. I eat better (not always perfect but 10 times better than 5 years ago).

My neuropathy is permanent. I still have very little feeling in the tips of my toes but it hasnt gotten worse and my skin is healthy so I dont expect it to get worse.

·
Registered
11 Posts
It is a good thing that you had it diagnosed- early, I hope. I found out I was diabetic early enough that the neuopathy reversed to nearly normal because I lost weight and got my A1C below 6.0. Still, I would encourage you to get some very smooth socks so as not to irritate your skin, wear comfortable shoes (if you get "hot spots" throw the shoe- better to loose a few dollars than deal with infections), and never go barefoot- even in the house. Keep your feet as clean and dry as you can and avoid soaking them if you do get an infection. I hope this helps. There are a lot of us out here and we are all learning.

·
I'm keeping my eye on you
2,204 Posts
My wife has it in both feet. It started about 10 years ago. Do you just have a loss of feeling or do you have the constant burning and knife-like pains as well?

My wife had it all.

Now this is gonna sound crazy but: she started wearing Nikken Magsteps, which is a magnetic shoe insert in her shoes. After about a week, her burning sensations and knife-like pains were gone but she still has no feeling in them. Placebo or not, it worked for her. (and no, I don't sell them or own stock in Nikken).

If you have no feeling in your feet or it progresses to that you need to make it a habit to visually inspect your feet several times a day to make sure you have not stepped on a needle or created a blister, etc. In the earlier days I have seen my wife walk a blister on her foot and continue to walk until it was torn off without ever knowing it was there. If I can give you any other info on her problems and successes with it, send me a pm.

Good luck.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I just watched a vid about diabetes. Seems there's a place in Arizona that has taken type 1 and 2 completely off their meds, or greatly reduced as in 1/20th of the insulin for type 1, just by going on a raw food diet and exercise. 30 days but most were off the meds in less than 2 weeks.

Here's some Info

Reactions: bulldog
1 - 10 of 10 Posts