Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To go along with the other thread, in Southern Illinois where I live there are huge lines at the gas pumps and several local stations have already ran out and are turning people away. Most stations have already raised their prices to well over $4 per gallon and if the frenzy for everyone to top off their tanks continues it seems that a short term shortage is inevitable.

I don't know the situation in the rest of the country but I am going to top off my tanks in a few minutes so that I don't have to dip into my storage as quick if there is a shortage.

Again, I don't know if this is nationwide or a local thing but I thought everyone shouuld be aware.

P.S. Once I go get gas I will update...

·
Come quickly Lord
2,049 Posts
I haven't seen this in northern Illinois yet. Although, gas prices jumped 10 cents since yesterday. I'm likely to see another jump tomorrow morning...and I need gas :( :( :(

I guess I'll fill up tomorrow and then fill up the emergency supply just in case.

·
BM2 Hollywood
667 Posts
I live in southern Ca. Nothing out here, but because of the day, I did fill both cars and the bike up with the gas in the storage and refilled the containers with fresh stuff and added the necessary protection. Feels good that all my transportation has full tanks plus extra in storage if necessary. Even the emergency genny if full.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just got back from topping off both cars. 2 out of 5 stations in the town I live in were completely out, there were police guiding traffic at the other 3. Went to a town about 10 miles south and got it after waiting in a short line. When I left my town to get gas for the first car it was $3.79, when I got back into town after filling up the 2nd car it was up to $4.15.

Don't know if this will lead to a real shortage or not, but do know that the price won't get any cheaper so at least I saved a bit by getting it now.

Keep prepping!

·
Registered
62 Posts
No signs of shortage here in Central IL (Springfield) yet. Recent information from Google News indicates localized fuel shortages may be due to refinery shutdown in preparation for hurricane Ike.

·
Banned
653 Posts
Here is the skinny.
Most of the Texas refineries have shut down, gas supplies were already low form the shutdowns last week, its gonna take 2-3 weeks for the refineries to fully resupply the terminals after they go back online. The local terminal here is only getting 1/10 of what it usually gets through the pipeline daily and that's even gonna drop tomorrow.....

Personally I think it should be ILLEGAL for the wholesalers to jack up prices becasue of a natural disaster or an impending one.....

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
it actually is in most states to raise their prices like that .
contact your attorney general with pictures of the pump prices.

·
Banned
653 Posts
laws only exist dealing with retail end price gouging, there isn't anything to deal with out of state wholesaler price gouging......

·
Registered
13 Posts
I topped off the truck and a couple of cans last night.I had heard about this last night at work and figured it was best to get it done before the price went up.

Hey Grub,where you located at in south IL?I live there also.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
the east texas area i can understand, but why are there shortages EVERYWHERE?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live in Johnston City, Illinois.

About to go run and see what the prices are today...

·
Registered
798 Posts
My brother just called me from clear water MI. he said 5.15$ a gallon. Im in san Diego Ka. I just filled for 3.58$ on base.:thumb:

·
Antique Nurse
644 Posts
Regular gas ranged from $3.25 to $3.49 in southern Missouri.... Along I44

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
and yet they still have no plans on more refineries.

all part of their plan....

·
Bleach blonde on fire :p
6,173 Posts
There are some that have gouged prices to $5.98 at some of the "bigger" brand gas stores in some of the bigger cities in NC, Kennersville, Winston Salem & Greensboro. There was at least 1 that kept there prices at $3.69 until they sold out, the owners said they paid 1 price and were not going to cheat there customers.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts