Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Banned
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...s-93-not-proficient-reading-96-not-proficient

In the Detroit public school district, 96 percent of eighth graders are not proficient in mathematics and 93 percent are not proficient in reading.

That is according to the results of the 2015 National Assessment of Educational Progress tests published by the Department of Education’s National Center for Educational Statistics.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,745 Posts
Must be hard to be the smart kids.

·
¡Salga de aquí!
4,290 Posts
It's not genetical...

Country Literacy Rate
Zimbabwe 90.70
Equatorial Guinea 87.00
South Africa 86.40
Kenya 85.10
Namibia 85.00

I guess Detroitians are just extremely cool.

Most of the people I work with can't convert a fraction to a decimal or have a clue when to use to or too. I blame Fonzy.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...s-93-not-proficient-reading-96-not-proficient

In the Detroit public school district, 96 percent of eighth graders are not proficient in mathematics and 93 percent are not proficient in reading.

That is according to the results of the 2015 National Assessment of Educational Progress tests published by the Department of Education’s National Center for Educational Statistics.
the democrat system needs a permanent under class to survive.

One of the biggest supporters of democrats are unions.The biggest union in America are teachers. The wheel goes round and round.

·
Start up the rotors
7,662 Posts
This is what white flight looks like.
Hate to say it, but everyone who can, has moved out.

It's a shame, but Detroit is reaping what years of Democratic control sowed.
It's not surprising, nor unusual. Baltimore will look like this soon. Parts of Chicago already do, as does DC, Philly, East St. Louis, and soon to be parts of St. Louis proper, Oakland, parts of LA, etc... etc... etc...
While there's a racial component, it's more a factor of liberal policies. We could argue why certain demographics are drawn to those policies, but that's another thread.

·
Banned
17,612 Posts
But aren't those statistics exactly what liberals want? A group of people so ignorant, so uneducated, and so incapable that they will always be dependent on the government?

Yes, that's exactly what they want. I just don't know why they make a big issue out of how poorly kids in places like Detriot schools are performing.

It doesn't matter how poorly they perform. They are being shaped and indoctrinated to be the permanently dependent subculture.

·
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
20,371 Posts
Sounds like they are turning out perfect little Dems. After all who needs to be proficient in reading, writing and arithmetic when the benevolent government will provide everything you need as long as you keep voting for them.
I'm sure they'll be trained to read enough to vote Democrat.

·
Banned
13,890 Posts
It is genetic, and devolutionary, generated in high r-type species, reflected in r/K Selection Theory and Biohistory, which points to very low C, V and S factors.

We can't compare Western literacy rates with Zimbabwe, just as rocketry can't be compared with a toy stick airplane powered by a rubber band.

A K-type society, with high C, V and S cannot support overwhelming numbers of r-types. They're two completely different species.

Detroit has a unique potential to be one of the greatest cities on earth
Detroit was planned and populated originally by high K-types, with overwhelmingly high C, V and S. It could have been an example of a utopia from the mind of Bacon, Campanella or Moore. Instead, it's become a vision of hell.

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,648 Posts
“Anyone who cannot cope with mathematics is not fully human. At best, he is a tolerable subhuman who has learned to wear his shoes, bathe, and not make messes in the house.”

― Robert A. Heinlein

·
Combat marxism Now!
8,648 Posts
It's not genetical...

Country Literacy Rate
Zimbabwe 90.70
Equatorial Guinea 87.00
South Africa 86.40
Kenya 85.10
Namibia 85.00

I guess Detroitians are just extremely cool.

Most of the people I work with can't convert a fraction to a decimal or have a clue when to use to or too. I blame Fonzy.
Careful with that one. The literacy standards are vastly different. The good folks in Kenya would score lower than the folks in Detroit using the same standards.

·
Time to melt snowflakes!
30,160 Posts
This is what white flight looks like.
Hate to say it, but everyone who can, has moved out.
Not 'White Flight' but 'Successful Flight'.

Those who are motivated to better their lot in life took themselves and left. Pure and simple. Why stay somewhere which is 'eating you alive' and expect it to get better?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts