Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
what a sweet old lady. I like her because she doesn't seem to tolerate BS. We need to learn as much as we can from these people. They won't be around much longer.

·
Premium Member
68,758 Posts
what a sweet old lady. I like her because she doesn't seem to tolerate BS. We need to learn as much as we can from these people. They won't be around much longer.
It's said that when an old person dies, a library burns. I've been around the elderly my entire life and I have to agree. They're such resources of knowledge that it's amazing. Yet their experiences and knowledge is so often overlooked and lost when they pass. That's a big part of why I like the Foxfire books so much.

I just wish I had the interest and maturity when my grandparents were alive to have learned all that I could from them. They lived their entire lives self sufficiently.

·
Homesteader
1,222 Posts
She reminds me of my grandma Korbe. She passed away a few years ago, but she lived to 94. I think she was born in 1913. Her family came over from russia in 1910 when it suddenly became dangerous for germans in russia.

My grandparents raised a family through the depression, and farmed until 1971 when they retired into town. I guess I get a lot of my interests from them. My grandma gardened until her late 80's, and sold her own produce at the local farmers market. The last few years I did the rototilling, but she did everything else. She was one tough old broad, and I miss her dearly.

·
Registered
3,019 Posts
I'm glad to see that this Generation's knowledge is being preserved. The lessons learned are important, and their wisdom comes from having to deal with it the hard way. It's nice to see technology used to preserve this kind of history.

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
It's said that when an old person dies, a library burns. I've been around the elderly my entire life and I have to agree. They're such resources of knowledge that it's amazing. Yet their experiences and knowledge is so often overlooked and lost when they pass. That's a big part of why I like the Foxfire books so much.

I just wish I had the interest and maturity when my grandparents were alive to have learned all that I could from them. They lived their entire lives self sufficiently.
The library Burns after the books are shipped to the depository :thumb:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.