Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found me a nice Baretta M-9, developed a little crush on her , filled out the #%$#ing paperwork and was denied. Never have bought a gun over the counter before now I know why. I feel my 2nd amendment rights have been trashed. But not to worry there is an appeals process. Its no longer about the gun (maybe a little) Id like to know why? i have never been arrested/charged/restrained/ hell my last traffic ticket was 1981. WTF!?

Thank,
Jug

·
Registered
18,814 Posts
I don't know if we can tell you why you were denied. Didn't you ask???? What did they say?

I was with a buddy buying a shotgun last fall and there was a question about our history and we both naturally wanted to check yes. The stop owner said if we did we would be denied. We argued for ten minutes saying that If he checked yes he would be saying he had been convicted of a felony accourding to the wording of the question. He checked no against both of our judgments and got the gun. F-ed up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Brother the fellars at the store couldnt tell me they said that i would have to go thru the appeals process at the fbi.

·
Premium Member
12,105 Posts
Found me a nice Baretta M-9, developed a little crush on her , filled out the #%$#ing paperwork and was denied. Never have bought a gun over the counter before now I know why. I feel my 2nd amendment rights have been trashed. But not to worry there is an appeals process. Its no longer about the gun (maybe a little) Id like to know why? i have never been arrested/charged/restrained/ hell my last traffic ticket was 1981. WTF!?

Thank,
Jug
go through the process,it could be a case of mistaken identity! especialy if you didnt include your social when buying...... dont wait though the process takes about 3 months once they have the VAF paperwork in their hands..........and if you go online to the volintary appeals file of the FBI or is it NICS ? oh well, one of the two and contact them they will send you the packet free........

·
Urban Mountain Man
1,159 Posts
T'is a pain, but giving your ssn does make sure you will not be denied based
on mistaken identity. I believe there is only one other person in the country
with my same first and last name -- and he was busted in a trailer park
beating up his girlfriend and doing drugs. SOOOO, I just make sure the Feds
know which of us is standing at the sporting goods store.

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Did you put your social security number on the form? Many times this speeds up the process. Your name can flag you as someone else. Also go over the form with the dealer. Did you understand and answer the questions correctly. Not all answers are NO. Something flagged you. did the refusal come back immediately or after a couple of days?

If you have a clean record with no family violence or mental health issues and no current unresolved issues the Brady form should go through with no problems. Check the form and be sure how you answered.

You may not want to buy over the counter but it is still important to find out why you were turned down. this could be something hanging over your head. You don't want to get stopped and find out then. If you go for your Concealed handgun lic this could be very important. They will do a federal background on you at that time.

·
Certifiable
723 Posts
I have never been denied but it is really scary how it works now a days, especially with the Clinton rules they slipped in. Think about all of those guys out there who got a divorce and their wife's attorney thought a restraining order would look good at the trial. :eek:

·
Registered
774 Posts
I was with a buddy buying a shotgun last fall and there was a question about our history and we both naturally wanted to check yes. The stop owner said if we did we would be denied. We argued for ten minutes saying that If he checked yes he would be saying he had been convicted of a felony accourding to the wording of the question. He checked no against both of our judgments and got the gun. F-ed up.
If you have the same form that I have, check yes to the first question and no to everything else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The appeals process has started and the FBI sent me an email stating that I would receive a written reason for in five working days. really excited about that (rolling eyes).

Jug

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have received a written reason it seems that my name is similliar to someone who HAS comitted a crime.The fBI wants my fingerprints for prositive ID. They sent me a nice card and everthing.

Thanks,
Jug

·
BowHunter
2,232 Posts
I have received a written reason it seems that my name is similliar to someone who HAS comitted a crime.The fBI wants my fingerprints for prositive ID. They sent me a nice card and everthing.

Thanks,
Jug
Now you will be registered at the FBI w/fingerprints,what a sweet scam they got going.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts