Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2009/12/dems_2010_strategy_gop_will_re.asp
Dems' 2010 Strategy: GOP Will "Repeal" Obamacare

With Democratic senators united on the health care bill today, their campaign arm has settled on an attack plan for 2010: Republicans would "repeal" it if they win control.

The Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, aggressively challenging incumbent GOP senators and vying for open seats, will paint the Republicans as only interested in obstructing.

So, the Democrats' attack plan is to tell voters that the GOP will repeal the budget-busting, tax-hiking, Medicare-cutting, ********-funding, big insurance and big pharma giveaway that only has the support of 35% of voters. Brilliant!

Conservatives have been saying that if Obamacare passes Republicans should run on the platform of repealing this monstrosity. The Democrats really think it's a smart attack plan to send the same message?

Reactions: WSierra

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
can they repeal it if Obama won't sign it?

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Why would he not sign the Bill he wanted, but took zero part in drafting? Don't let your children grow up to be Community organizers. Instead, let them be leaders.
oh. you mean like the GOP who have done nothing since last January?
Those are your heroes?

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its about a stupid campaign idea that I hope they use. To run on an issue that most of the country doesn't like. Especially when they get hit with the first of four taxes and price increases with no benefits.

Like a salesman telling you to make 4 yrs car payments before you can drive the car.
You wouldn't buy that car, and the American people are not buying this.

Reactions: WSierra

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
Its about a stupid campaign idea that I hope they use. To run on an issue that most of the country doesn't like. Especially when they get hit with the first of four taxes and price increases with no benefits.

Like a salesman telling you to make 4 yrs car payments before you can drive the car.
You wouldn't buy that car, and the American people are not buying this.
You didn't actually "say" anything there. I wonder why you hate the idea of paying for something before you have it. The typical american with a credit card i guess.

·
My powder's dry,is yours?
556 Posts
You didn't actually "say" anything there. I wonder why you hate the idea of paying for something before you have it. The typical american with a credit card i guess.
I dont think that is the whole issue..Gov is taking away the freedom of prople to choose.That is the underlying problem John.We the people dont have the freedom to choose.Same thing with social security.People didnt have the choice to choose whether they wanted to base their retirement on the government or do it themselves.I say let me do it on my own win or lose.

·
I help enlighten folks
16,624 Posts
I dont think that is the whole issue..Gov is taking away the freedom of prople to choose.That is the underlying problem John.We the people dont have the freedom to choose.Same thing with social security.People didnt have the choice to choose whether they wanted to base their retirement on the government or do it themselves.I say let me do it on my own win or lose.
I would love to cut you loose. problem is we would still have to take care of broke and sick losers and you know it.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
if I have to pay for it for 10 years to use it for 4.
Then find out that the price to continue using it doubles (at least)
because the next years bill has to cover full cost, without a "reserve"
of built up payments.

It means you are paying twice as much for the product, as originally advertised.
False advertising at best.

no I have no problem saving up to buy something, actually prefer to do it that way, this is paying for something that you are able to use.

But the HC money collected will be spent as soon as it comes in. And like SS be replaced with bonds - as in future debt.

If it takes ten years of payments to pay for 4 years of coverage,
the each years coverage cost is up by 2.5 times in year 11
if givt cost projections are right --- as they never are
(remember medicad 9B projected, 89B actual)

NOW WHERE AM I WRONG JOHN?
in more than one line please

·
Registered
8,153 Posts
oh. you mean like the GOP who have done nothing since last January?
Those are your heroes?
They have done nothing becasue they are in the minority in every branch of goverment.

Anyway, why would the President leave one of his most important legislative priorities to Congress. I can't figure this out except inexpereince. And to have to cut the deals he cuts demonstrates weakness, not leadership. Overall, it is a blow to his prestige to have talked so much and done so little, so long out. The middle class got the message with his 60 new "sin taxes", while he continues to smoke, do as I say not as I do.

Or as we used to say in the 80's, one law for them, another law for us. Kinda why so many lower middle class kids supported O.J., remember?

·
Never Give up
7,579 Posts
But what happend to free healthcare FX?????

All I see is them taking away more and more from me. So whats a person to do. Yes Ill have to cut more jobs from my bussiness to take care of some of these new cost. So I have already got rid of 17 people how many more do they want me to get rid of? Maybe I should just shut it all down and let them pay me all the money I need. Ohh no Im not one of the special ones. Ohh to bad I must go back out and toil for my masters.

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,429 Posts
Repeal it, yeah right.

In the Senate version of the bill there is a provision that makes it "Out of Order", in the future, for any member of either the House or Senate to introduce a bill that modifies or changes the Health Care bill.

So in a nutshell it would go like this:

House Member: Mr. Speaker, I would like to introduce a bill to the floor for the purpouse of changing the Health Care Bill.

Speaker: Sir, according to the House Rules, you are out of order, sit down and shut up.

House Member: Sits down with tail between legs.

That provision is on around page 1,000 of the Senate bill.

·
Watchin tha world go by
8,151 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The bill doesn't go into effect until 2014 correct?

But taxes start right away

Still plenty of time to repeal it
This bill can be repealed, but since the taxes start before it can be repealed. And since Obamassiah will veto, 2/3 to override will probably not being there.
That leaves only supremes to strike it down. And that will take years.
Do you think we will get our already "contributed" gift back?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts