1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
You might do better somewhere like this

·
What hell, pay attention
8,746 Posts
The charging handle should stay forward once the gun is loaded and fired.

There is a spring loaded detent that should hold it forward.

Parts 10 and 11 in this schematic....

If that is missing or damaged, or the hole or dimple on the receiver that its supposed to lock into is damaged or maybe full of crap that it cant lock, that might be your issue.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The charging handle should stay forward once the gun is loaded and fired.

There is a spring loaded detent that should hold it forward.

Parts 10 and 11 in this schematic....

If that is missing or damaged, or the hole or dimple on the receiver that its supposed to lock into is damaged or maybe full of crap that it cant lock, that might be your issue.

You are absolutely right! 10 and 11 is missing. Thank you so much!!!!

·
What hell, pay attention
8,746 Posts
Glad to help. :)

Reactions: WILL and Jlrhiner

·
Registered
723 Posts
Hello everyone.

I am new to this website, and I hope to solve my problem with my MP5.

I own an En MP5 1985 made and shoots fine in all modes. When I switch it to Full auto, the charging handle starts to rattle back and forth, which is not supposed to do. I took it to a gunsmith, and he stripped it piece by piece and couldn't find any problem with parts. They all look fine and in excellent and good condition. I have noticed that when I charge the handle - see attached pic - there is a gap between the charging tube and the bolt group. I have taken this gun to many gunsmiths, and no one could explain why this is happening. I have a video shooting it full auto, and the charging handle/tube clearly rattles; if the website policy lets me post, I'll post.

Please advise if you are familiar with this issue or know what's going on.

Be noted where I live; it is legal to own a full-auto firearm with a required license.

Many thanks
Abdul
Very slick Enfield. You're in Saudi Arabia?

·
Happy to be here!
5,301 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts