Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Ultranationalist
12,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been a while since I've contributed to the forum because of obnoxious pop ups on my stupid iPhone. I was given a possible solution by someone and I'm testing it for now to see how it works. In the meantime, I want to do something productive.

Facial recognition software (FRS. Do we have any experts here on the stuff who know ways to defeat it? I'm sure I don't have to tell anyone how the big gov can use FRS against us. My questions to any experts:

Does a full beard have any effect?

What about glasses? Clear glasses? Shades?

What about wearing a ball cap?

What are some minor, inconspicuous ways to defeat FRS?

·
Ultranationalist
12,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you can please explain why we would want to defeat it???
Because I don't really care to have some computerized database able to track my location just by when my face appears on one of their millions of cameras. It's really simple. Why would we NOT want to know how to defeat it?

·
Why do you ask? 2 Dogs!
14,148 Posts
Just get one of those Guy Fawkes masks and a hoodie......:D:

One day, we won't have any privacy with technology, nor will we have the freedom to own guns or anything we might hurt ourselves or others with.

I hope it's after I'm gone

·
Ultranationalist
12,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just get one of those Guy Fawkes masks and a hoodie......:D:

One day, we won't have any privacy with technology, nor will we have the freedom to own guns or anything we might hurt ourselves or others with.

I hope it's after I'm gone
I am not resigned to that fate.

·
Native Cracker Cowhunter
1,897 Posts
Okayyyy But you only repeated yourself. You don't want a computer system to know where you are? I don't see why I would care that a computer system hooked up to millions of cameras would recognize my face from millions of other faces. What would be your purpose for being able to do that?

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
When you are monitored by computers you become just one more data byte. This is dehumanizing and leads to an acceptance of complete control of every facet of your daily life. When those who think they have the right to guide your decisions and choices can bring up complex computer models of your actions they can then shape a great deal of the environment around you. Basically you become a rat in a maze of some other persons design. If you don't believe in big brother consider how your choices are being shaped today by advertisement and media control. Give them a blue print to your heart and mind and you will be smiling all the way to the camps.

·
Just call me Blue!
763 Posts
Okayyyy But you only repeated yourself. You don't want a computer system to know where you are? I don't see why I would care that a computer system hooked up to millions of cameras would recognize my face from millions of other faces. What would be your purpose for being able to do that?
Wow really?

·
Ultranationalist
12,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Because I have a right to privacy and I value that right. It's not for anyone to question. It's the same as someone asking me "why do need that many guns?" I have a right to those guns and I value that right. It's not for anyone to question.

·
Native Cracker Cowhunter
1,897 Posts
Let me ask a question from what you responded what level of privacy could you expect walking down a public street? Don't get upset with my questions by stating I don't have the right(?) to question you when you put this on a public forum.

·
Native Cracker Cowhunter
1,897 Posts
Forgot this area, how did you turn privacy into a gun rights issue? Until I break the law or become mentally unfit I can own as many firearms as I can afford.

·
Native Cracker Cowhunter
1,897 Posts
When you are monitored by computers you become just one more data byte. This is dehumanizing and leads to an acceptance of complete control of every facet of your daily life. When those who think they have the right to guide your decisions and choices can bring up complex computer models of your actions they can then shape a great deal of the environment around you. Basically you become a rat in a maze of some other persons design. If you don't believe in big brother consider how your choices are being shaped today by advertisement and media control. Give them a blue print to your heart and mind and you will be smiling all the way to the camps.
Whaaaattttttt??????

·
GunControl=People Control
3,633 Posts
The answer is that many believe that the existing and visible future of government is that of a tyranny and all will be the servant of the State. The State collects information about people all the time; some believe that just because the State isn't chasing them now doesn't mean it can't happen in the future, if a person holds views contrary to what the State determines is Right. People who don't trust the good will of government do not embrace being under surveillance by the State and want to avoid it as much as possible.

The old bromide of "If you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to hide" is not the cry of free men. Everyone has things in their lives they want to hide because no-one [but one] has lived a faultless life. Spot checks have shown that people with 'nothing to hide' can still become a victim of the State.

If this does not convince you, then fine, but allow that others don't want to be under surveillance and let it go at that.

·
gagged
3,833 Posts
They measure the distance between your features and the shape our your face. Things that might mask that. I know of nothing that I would want to use everyday to do that other than oversized shades. Now in a unusual situation I would use dental cotton roles and some theatrical make up tape or glue to change my features.

·
Ultranationalist
12,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Let me ask a question from what you responded what level of privacy could you expect walking down a public street? Don't get upset with my questions by stating I don't have the right(?) to question you when you put this on a public forum.
Do you believe that by walking down the street someone should be able to obtain my personal information by FRS?

I didn't turn it strictly into a gun issue. I turned in into a rights issue. I don't care if someone thinks that I have no right to privacy of my information just because I chose to move freely about a public space. Does the federal government have the right to keep track of citizens' driving habits by placing license plate scanners at all intersections to track everyone who moves through it? Of course not. Being in a public space does not mean one has waived their right to privacy. Being in a public space does not give a government the right to scan my face and track my movements anymore than a thief trying to scan my credit card through my wallet.

Now my question: Why are you ok with a system being able to trace your activities by FRS? Do you understand the implications of such a reality on our liberties?

·
Native Cracker Cowhunter
1,897 Posts
Do you believe that by walking down the street someone should be able to obtain my personal information by FRS?

I didn't turn it strictly into a gun issue. I turned in into a rights issue. I don't care if someone thinks that I have no right to privacy of my information just because I chose to move freely about a public space. Does the federal government have the right to keep track of citizens' driving habits by placing license plate scanners at all intersections to track everyone who moves through it? Of course not. Being in a public space does not mean one has waived their right to privacy. Being in a public space does not give a government the right to scan my face and track my movements anymore than a thief trying to scan my credit card through my wallet.

Now my question: Why are you ok with a system being able to trace your activities by FRS? Do you understand the implications of such a reality on our liberties?
Very good points and well put. I enjoy debate here and at times will take either side regardless to my opinions. A few people here come to a verbal debate of minds totally unarmed.

I would not want .gov becoming intrusive into my life but want to change opinions, laws and the make up of the Supremes. What could be a method of catching bad guys and leaving us good guys alone to enjoy our rights and freedoms? After all this ain't 1984 or the 1930's.

1 - 20 of 90 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.