Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Centurion
361 Posts
Its was really aliens trying to beam it up to the ark spaceship and it just got stuck in the power line on accident, because the world is ending and all that. But really I didnt know that an eagle had that type of flight power.

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts
Its was really aliens trying to beam it up to the ark spaceship and it just got stuck in the power line on accident, because the world is ending and all that. But really I didnt know that an eagle had that type of flight power.
Oh yeah. A full grown eagle can carry off sheep, dogs, young calves: They're amazing predators. They may not be able to carry an extremely heavy weight FAR each time, but they'll keep at it until they get it back to their nest or somewhere safe where they can eat. They're VERY strong fliers...

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Oh yeah. A full grown eagle can carry off sheep, dogs, young calves: They're amazing predators. They may not be able to carry an extremely heavy weight FAR each time, but they'll keep at it until they get it back to their nest or somewhere safe where they can eat. They're VERY strong fliers...
I would have lost money on that bar bet. But seeing is believing.

·
Most Thankful Guy here
38,965 Posts
Definitely one for the books.

Hopefully no one will suspect that it was actually raining deer.:D:

·
Centurion
361 Posts
Not doubting you one bit, but I really would love to see a picture of that. If they can carry a fuan off I need to start watching the sky's when me and the younguns are out hiking. The Eagle is making a big comeback here in WA.

·
Purrpared
679 Posts
Mmmm...kay. Makes as much sense as any other newsworthy event of the last few months. I didn't think a Japanese nuclear reactor would go critical after a tsunami, or a volcano halfway around the world would cause spot drug shortages in the U.S.

For all our scenarios and planning, maybe it really will be Murphy that does us in. Woudn't it be a sort of ironic if a member of an endangered species, rather than a North Korean nuke, caused the first failure in a cascade that took the North American grid out for years?

·
Grand Poobah of Sarcasm
3,083 Posts
I saw the pics and was surprised to see who had taken the picture. I went to Helena VoTech with Lee Bridges. She is wicked smart and if she says an eagle did it. Take it to the bank because that's what happened.
Any woman that shows up for class on a 54 Pan head Harley that she rebuilt from the ground up is okay in my book.
In fact I have stood in that back yard myself.

·
Registered
410 Posts
He actually was checking out the lines on the ground when they pulled them up, got his horns stuck and up he went!

·
Mod Certified PITA!
12,092 Posts
Not doubting you one bit, but I really would love to see a picture of that. If they can carry a fuan off I need to start watching the sky's when me and the younguns are out hiking. The Eagle is making a big comeback here in WA.
My strength is as the strength of ten, because my GoogleFu is pure!

A few seconds of an eagle carrying what looks like a deer (or at least something as big as it is) starting at 2:49.

(Not to worry - much - about youngins being snatched by eagles, as long as they're human. Eagles don't usually go after humans as prey because we walk upright - that confuses them, they can't really gauge size and weight - and apparently, we taste terrible. So being attacked by an eagle for purposes of eating (unless you're already carrion) is a low risk. Mess around near an eagle's nest, though, and bets are off.)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts