Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Iēsous
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Black powder started sat in NC.

Ever year I post and keep a tally of kills and general events Thur the season.

So first off , scratch 2 bucks 1 2 pointer 163 lbs

scratch one 4 pointer 174 lbs

So me = 2

Tim my Hunting partner bagged a 155 lb 3 pointer.

I got mine in the AM [2 pointer] and the four pointer 30 yards away from the same spot in the evening

10 Min's later and 400 yards down the wood line Tim bagged his in the pm.

I only have a pic of my 4 pointer and Tim with his 3 pointer as it was dark by the time we dragged mine out and got them ready to dress

Last year Tim killed 19

Me Goose egg as my crappy Bushnell Cross hairs went crooked and the zoom would not work past 4 power, to say the least it was a Bad year

I want to say that we hunt for MEAT and of course making the Shot.

to us its all bout sausage and Jerky so we will shoot near about anything

excluding yearling's.
Where we hunt at is infested with deer , in 3 years we have harvested nearly

34 deer between us:D:

In fact there is no limit on does in NC this year, thats how bad it is because

most folks ONLY hunt racks, and thats caused IMO a population surge

and its not good because the young bucks are breeding and they should not

IMO, theres too many young ones and not enough dominant ones in our parts

Last year we witnessed a 3 pointer breeding a doe:eek:

any ways Mine were taking at approx 200 yards frailed em both where they stood and they dropped like bricks

Timmy hit his good but the darn thing ran in the woods 60 yards and we got ate up by red bugs finding him

any way heres the pics, Every one Have a safe and fun season

http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=timsdeerqc7.jpg

http://img395.imageshack.us/my.php?image=my4pointerbw8.jpg

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Must me nice, the deers have dwindled here in Northeast Pa. I talked to a few people and they think if they would close doe season for a year or two, we would get the deer population back up.
This will be my first year out, and I will be lucky to see anything im told.

·
Iēsous
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well here they started allowing either sex hunts in the 90's due to the population explosion. Our herds is estimated to be 1.1 million and is

supposed to have leveled off and in some ares declined due to the change in laws.

But still there are too many does and young bucks and too many folks here

will only shoot a big rack , too many are ashamed for some reason to kill
anything else it seems.

It sounds like your state allowed does to be over hunted but i do not know.

I have heard PA is loaded with deer and big ones but that must be in the west?

Anyway you can always hunt in NC:D:

·
Registered
334 Posts
I live and hunt in North Carolina and its bow season in my area central piedmont, muzzle loader season does not start until the second week of November. Man I wish I lived in the eastern season well good luck and good hunting my friend!

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
Good luck guys, you are correct my buddy has no problem getting a buck and doe every year, Hes near Pittsburgh. Someone in his family even got an Elk License picked in the lottery this year.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Its still bow season here in the piedmont.Its kinda silly IMO how they lay out different seasons for the state. Here in my home county of Forsyth our season ends Dec 20th.If you take a 4 mile drive south into Davidson county there season ends Jan 1.WTF??.There can't be that much difference in deer populations between here and there.

·
Accuracy is Final
506 Posts
I will be going out monday with a better camera to try to get some good close ups. Will post a couple if they turn out good.

·
Iēsous
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well we went Monday ---I saw a doe and fawn and let them walk

Timmy shot a nice 6 pointer and a doe:thumb:

were going to need another freezer

Ill post the pics tonight, and hes hunting now so if he gets one i am sure he mail that pic to me

so tally is now Me 2

Timmy 3

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
Still bow season here. I may have to learn how to bow hunt. Gun season starts November 1. Needless to say, I took off of work on October 31...:thumb:

·
Accuracy is Final
506 Posts
Well, other things came up and was not able to get out to try and get some pics, but maybe next week. New season started tuesday so I hope a new batch of hunters haven't preasured these deer to the point I can't get some better pics. Will post them if successful.

·
Iēsous
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
:thumb:OK here the update

this is so cool:)

Tims son has been , lets say heading the wrong way, anyway hes 14 and a good kid just brimming with hormones and youngness .

We been taking him with us , matter of fact he missed the Doe Timmy killed
the other day and has missed a few last year. [aint we all]

Well as i mentioned they went today and Steven Got his first buck:thumb:

It was a 3 pointer and he missed the first shot and the thing ran twords him

and he nailed him with the 7mag . Hes learning and he adapted under pressure today and i am so proud of him, i can only imagine how great it was for them both

anyways I told Tim to email me the pics and i will post them here, but right now I don't feel like texting them to my email, I hate texting guess its the creaky fingers but i get them up soon

way to go Steve O:thumb:

·
Iēsous
8,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, other things came up and was not able to get out to try and get some pics, but maybe next week. New season started tuesday so I hope a new batch of hunters haven't preasured these deer to the point I can't get some better pics. Will post them if successful.
I understand, i look forward to them and of course your all welcome to share
you hunting season on this thread

thats why i do it Evey year:)

Good luck to you all and safe hunting , can't wait to hear whats happing in the hunting community around the country

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
8,248 Posts
I should have some up in two weeks. No sense in posting last years in this thread. Just put them in another thread.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts