Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
I sell US Military MRE's
6,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 4X Trijicon ACOG for my M-4 and it was $1,200 bucks. I just ordered two new M-4's for my boys and need to get them optics but don't want to pay near that kind of money.
Can I get some recommendations on lower priced units? Red dots are OK but I do like the simple 4X or similar magnification / set up. Is there anything suitable for $250 or less range? Thanks for your input.

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
the Leapers 4x scope isnt that bad it has a bdc the cross hairs are pretty thick but it has solid construction for the price. It maintains its zero i even did the drop test still zeroed. though some will count it completely just because of price.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
NHP1127 said:
I have a 4X Trijicon ACOG for my M-4 and it was $1,200 bucks.
That price is around list, if you poke around the various boards, fleabay, and gunbroker you can pick up a used to new ACOG in the $500-750 range. And the bottom line is the clones will never beat a real ACOG. BTW I do have a TA01 ACOG on my M4. :thumb:

·
I sell US Military MRE's
6,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That price is around list, if you poke around the various boards, fleabay, and gunbroker you can pick up a used to new ACOG in the $500-750 range. And the bottom line is the clones will never beat a real ACOG. BTW I do have a TA01 ACOG on my M4. :thumb:
I've got the USMC M-4 version. I'd have to look at the box for model number. I shopped around for a long time and $1,200 ish w shipping for brand new was the best I could find. List was much higher. I didn't want used.

As far as clones, a wouldn't expect them to be near the same as the real deal. I just want a decent tactical optic for my boys without breaking the bank.

·
You ARE what you IS!
5,210 Posts
I've got the USMC M-4 version. I'd have to look at the box for model number. I shopped around for a long time and $1,200 ish w shipping for brand new was the best I could find. List was much higher. I didn't want used.

As far as clones, a wouldn't expect them to be near the same as the real deal. I just want a decent tactical optic for my boys without breaking the bank.

That is the most logical explanation there is and makes ALL the sense in the world!:thumb:

·
You ARE what you IS!
5,210 Posts
Leatherwood CMR Series 1-4x24 Riflescope illuminated

Vortex Viper PST 1-4x24 Riflescope illuminated

Not Acog by any lvl but some of best in price range.
Check out the HorusVision Talon 1000 illuminated 1x4x24. Here's mine and it's an awesome optic for my M4. Also pictured is the AimSport dual illuminated 4x32 which also features a fiber optic BUIS combo'd with the UTG SwatForce taclight/lasersight sitting on top of a 1" riser for ergonomics on my Colt AR15. The HorusVision is a little pricy while the AimSport was right at $200.00. Both hold zero like a champ!:thumb:

Attachments

·
from my cold dead paws...
13 Posts
The Burris AR 332 is a good choice for about $300. It has 3x magnification. The reticle illuminates red or green, and when turned off or if the battery dies it reverts to black.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
check out the russian psop scopes at kalinka optics or cope's (im sure there are others) they're fairly cheap for what you get with them. they're ment for the ak platforms but there are some without the side mount.

·
Dirty or clean.Wet or dry
2,016 Posts
Primary Arms
This would be the best bet if you can find one of the old ones used, I looked forever for one then just gave up and bought an ACOG TA-33. They been supposed to come out with a new one but the chicom manufacturer screwed it up :rolleyes: The burris is another option.

·
Registered
46 Posts
As mentioned primary arms is a good place and vortex makes good optics. For a 1-4 that has a great reticle check out the grsc. There is a few great write ups on the grsc on ar15.net and they are in the right price range and offer as much as high end optics. For me I'm putting on a meprolight m21(no batteries needed) on my 11.5 pistol build, one of the vortex optics on my 300wm, and the grsc on either the g3 or another M4.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts