Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So what do you think about the fact that our new "debt super committee" is comprised of 12 people? This means there is no way for them to solve a deadlock. Personally, I think it was devised this way so that on every account, they could tie 3-3 and let the "automatic cuts" take effect, thus alleviating any responsibility to their respective constituents for doing what needs to be done. They can just continue to blame each other, without making any real decisions...

This seems financial to me, so forgive me yet again if its in the wrong section ;)

·
Beginner's Mind
1,681 Posts
John Kerry is one of those on the committee so I don't expect anything positive to come of it.

I think you are right that it was a set up from the beginning to make the cuts with no one responsible for them. Bunch of jerks.

·
Inglorious Deplorable
21,135 Posts
John Kerry is one of those on the committee so I don't expect anything positive to come of it.

I think you are right that it was a set up from the beginning to make the cuts with no one responsible for them. Bunch of jerks.
I'm expecting some more insults to my profession.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I agree, the automatic cuts was what was agreed to behind closed doors and the committee was formed as a cover, IMHO. This could also be the "trigger" event for our social unrest when the entitlement cuts affect our population like the austerity measures are affecting Europe right now. One way or another, whether through this or some other mechanism, social unrest will spread to our shores in a larger way than the flash mobs we're seeing today. I used to watch Glenn Beck on TV and I believe he predicted the unrest would start in the Middle East, spread to Europe, and then make its way to the U.S. Looks like he got that one right...

·
Registered
282 Posts
nothing good can come from this... Congress need to do it's job. We do not need 12 morons meeting in secret and not recording for public record what they say. Do you really think it is for economic problems??? It is for all laws on the books.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Considering they are "on vacation" until middle of September? What are the odds that they reach ANY kind of consensus beyiond what to order for lunch (and bill the taxpayers)? Slim to none and slim left town as the saying goes. Get ready.

·
I hate everyone equally.
1,349 Posts
One of the repubs (at least) will jump ship and vote with dems. That means the dems will get what they want. That is bad news for us.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Isn't it obvious to everyone that this committee isn't about "getting things done" or "coming to consensus". This is the New World Order in action and these are their puppets.

·
Maximus
12,320 Posts
Isn't it obvious to everyone that this committee isn't about "getting things done" or "coming to consensus". This is the New World Order in action and these are their puppets.
Not one bit. By watching this play, I see nothing but "saving political asses". Now if no consensus is made, incumbents can say that they did not "vote for cuts in military spending or entitlement cuts". Instead, the cuts were "automatic". So there is no blame and if you want to get mad, you can be angry at these 12. "Don't vote ME out... I didn't do it!!!"

The more worry-some byproduct of this committee is that it sets a precedent for other "super committees" to be made for other hard decisions in the future. Sure it saves some asses and "sounds good" to the politicians now... but wait until one house has more than 50% of one of the houses and starts to create "super committees" to circumvent possible filibusters in the future. If there is a NWO conspiracy to be seen, it is in the process not the actual proposal that this committee will put out.

·
Free Your Mind
982 Posts
The super committee is comprised of 535....plus one. This is a simple diversion. We all see how that Debt Commission worked out not too long ago.
The 12 have a 13th tie breaker vote... It is BHO. The Super Committee will have the same result as the Debt Commission. Nothing... And nothing but a scam on We The People and the Constitution. We have lost our "elected representation". And have moved to a Parliamentary form of government.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts