Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 829 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
GENERAL NOTE: use this thread as a continuity device for any and all discussions of preferred works of fiction, such as DDCCBBourrrone/s "The Sssoldier/s Son"--Make sense? Of course it does.

GENERAL NOTE: a/some/the forum moderator/s here HAVE VERY GRACIOUSLY HONORED the spirit of copyright as understood in common law. This is very much appreciated. Thank you.

GENERAL NOTE: Discussing/critiquing/referencing a copyrighted work, under any form of law, can not be interpreted to transfer any original rights to a discrete work, enumerated within the law, to any other party, under any circumstance. However:

GENERAL NOTE: given the generally rapacious nature of this and our collective future economies, in which ALL SOURCES OF ACTUAL VALUE will be parasitically exsanguinated, let us step carefully:

GENERAL NOTE: we will CONTINUE the practice of using NO PROPER NAMES; as we have continually done with contemporary events/personalities, we will now apply the same rule/s to particular works of fiction, for instance:

GENERAL NOTE: Mmarria GGGehr, GGGehrWFFenFabbrik, BBrian Disttrop, Poppp Ggehr, the Gggehriverse, and etc., until/or when deemed no longer necessary.

GENERAL NOTES: VERY IMPORTANT:

1. I have read that good friends share emails, don't they? It seems likely?

2. Keyword searches on particular individual names, and titles, often reveal OTHER WAYS/MEANS of accomplishing desired tasks? Yes? It seems so. What exact words would I use, let's say, if I wanted to find a PLACE where some artist/s painting was being discussed?

3. It would be freaking awesome if a certain author managed to publish his gigantic clockwork mechanism in, let's say....TWO WEEKS TWO WEEKS TWO WEEKS--wouldn't it.

4. Let's have fun!!!!!!

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Comment for 10/22 and all:

--10/22 good to see you and understood. It was never my intention to split/divide/steal any attention to this site. Only to enhance it. I would have blogged at some point ( now...very likely, and sooner ) on esoterica too abstract/other for the vibe here, BUT I WOULD HAVE HAD A LINK BACK TO THIS THREAD/THE PREVIOUS THREAD. Obviously no longer possible.

--10/22, on your other very specific point--there are obvious solutions. I will be studying them all. Closely.

--10/22 I think it very wise to establish communication with anyone you think shares your values in important things. A CRITICAL PURPOSE in building this thread was "establishing a common frame of reference" to a particular book.
I think we should work very hard TO MAKE SURE THAT COMMUNITY PERSISTS.
AND FLOURISHES.

--good to see you.

DCB

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Communication

Harbinger, well done.

GENERAL NOTE: one and all:

1. Use this thread to maintain communication. Be polite. Courteous.

2. More later

3. TWO WEEKS.
It would be useful to keep the communication going especially in light of the (hopefully) short window before publication. Even with the 8.0 tremblor we have recently experienced, the infrastructure remains.

For those who have an interest in communication: patsanswersblog-dot-wordpress-dot-com/contact/ is one method... I'm sure there are/will be others.

Keep your powder dry and remain at condition "yellow" or higher.

DO NOT LOSE FAITH... THERE WILL BE A BOOK!

---tort-- :taped::taped::taped:

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
DDCCBBourone "The Sssoldier/s Son" CONTINUING THREAD:

I am beginning to think Kev lost his Rocks. I hate to ask, is Kev a Clinnon ?

“Live for Something, or Die for Nothing!”, Big Daddy 2012

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk, so spelling is probably horrible.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just an errant thought I wanted to throw out. Would it be better for everyone who is intending to purchase that certain book from Amazon to do so on the same day?

It would seem that the better the daily sales numbers look, the better the chance that other potential readers might notice the rankings and decide to also make a purchase.

Any thoughts on this idea?

·
Hail to the King, Baby
1,565 Posts
WELL, then. I follow a certain inimitable thread for four years, no issues, much inspiration. My computer goes down with a main drive boot eating virus for just a few days, and my whole SB world shifts to the right.

What happened while I was out?

PM's please, anyone.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Comments--

GENERAL NOTE: Use this thread to find/communicate/establish independent communication WITH ANY/ALL PREVIOUS THREAD FOLLOWERS. SUPER SUPER IMPORTANT!!!!!!

GENERAL NOTE: the copyright issue may be eventually managed, but obv. some serious and possibly irreparable damage may have occured: people who subscribed to/got prompts from previous thread HAVE NO WAY OF FOLLOWING EVENTS/ETC. So--find them, communicate, establish independent comm.

GENERAL NOTE: pending--a possibility--author cannot post original material--BUT READERS MAY COMMENT ON PUBLICLY PUBLISHED WORKS IN NEW/SEPARATE THREAD/S--this should be 'managed carefully' and obviously I would be a REGULAR COMMENTER in the right/correct/best thread. HOPEFULLY ONLY ONE THREAD. Developing.

--harbinger, got it, thank you.

--htfire, same same, thank you.

--tortminder, awesome, not sure TOS, or I would just put a hashed but legible email addy here--I actually do not now/never had any intention of pressing the limit of this forum/any forum/s TOS. Let me think about this--

--NewMuzzle good to see you, and yes you were prescient/correct. A very severe ------------k.

--Internal/C good to see you and very glad I have your email. It will be used.

--htfire, there is later-than-never-MAYBE movement on the TOS issue. Problems: many. The timing/intention/reveals are "sub-optimal". A 420,000 look/click 4+ year old thread was deleted/trashed, with OVER 2000 SUBSCRIBER COMMENTS--can thread be "resurrected/untrashed????" Should it be? Is thread "saved" somewhere???? I doubt it. We shall see.

--Wizard/Mk18 very good to see you--"buy at the same time"--BigRiver/Amz. algorithms actually prefer apparent "organic", in other words, NOT PROMOTED growth/numbers/expansion. In reality, long term, probably should not make a difference. Soldier's will survive prosper primarily on WORD OF MOUTH/RECOMMENDATIONS. I think it eventually will. There are many many other "promotion" tasks I have avoided/don't like/detest that I could probably try. This/the other forum were my best attempts to provide maximum value before anybody "bought" anything. If I could afford to do this for free, I would. But I can't. Way way way too time consuming and life-style modifying.

--Disgruntled/P very good to see and I see you are being kept up to date (Thankyou 2Med!!!!!)--Disgruntled yeah some profound not-coolness but we will adapt/prevail.

--2Med maximizes the 2Med Den Mother power scale!!!!

--mtnair--two weeks is...you know....more of a guideline than a rule...yeah...you know....but honestly, real close. Down to "little things" like our thread being deleted forever and compensating now that hold things up. I was planning on posting modified/new cover at EXACT TIME this issue occured. Rats.

--tortminder--excellent as always--and a note: in theme of old thread: what qualities might the author of original thread most esteem? Among many: patience.

Ok, let's keep this thread alive. And then vigorous. And finally: hyper-animated!!!

DCB

·
Registered
3,703 Posts

I have decided to disregard my own advice and, as an old fart, throwing personal op-sec to the wind, I am pursuing creating an authors site where TOS specifically states that authors retain full copyright and hold site harmless regarding any copyright violations by the authors.

I am also throwing caution to the wind and creating, (ladies and sensitive viewers cover your eyes and ears), a FaceBook page to promote my book in progress.

Having followed the discussion on the thread Kev started, I do believe that there is a sincere effort to rectify the problems, but it's awfully damn hard to get the toothpaste back in the tube.

Yet and still, this is still Kevs'/Maple Leaf Rags' house and therefore, their rules. Be courteous and circumspect.

Above all, be alert, (because we can always use more "lerts"!)

:taped::taped::taped:

·
Mitakuye Oyasin!
673 Posts
Dearest poster family,

This woman has a cold, sinus infection from hell. Yes, I am doctoring myself. I know of which I can do and should do. If you need anything from me, zip me an email or private message. I have one little nose. Amazing how productive the rascal can be.

Be nice. Be safe. Stay alert!
2med off of patrol (sick leave)

1 - 20 of 829 Posts