Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are many threads on investing that debate how to invest that branch into political debates. This thread is for those who buy and sell stocks, bonds, options, futures and metals.

What trades have you made? Have any recommendations?
Did you see what XXX's stock price did today?
Happy trading.:thumb:

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I'm betting on Rio Tinto. It finally dropped below $100 from it high of $500 this summer. It dropped nearly 10% on reports of lower metal demand while most other stocks rallied by almost as much. It's British listing is up 6% over TG. This stock makes wild turns and I think I can strike big on this one.

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts
In the great depression over a 3yrs 10 months time period the Dow went from around 340 down to about 42, that is about 87.7% of its value.

I got out of the market last year and haven't even thought about investing in anything besides food, seed, ammo, and equipment that will make life easier when the market tanks.

The way things are going I wouldn't bet a nickle on the market right now.

I would consider buying silver coins if I could find them for a reasonable price.

Best of luck to the bulls and bears out there, I be chicken :eek::

·
Registered
488 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are probably right Chipmunk. If I were in the states I'd be doing the same.
It's not like I do too much for all this money, nor do I have anything to spend it on. I try to invest it the best way I can to help out my family.

·
not a nut
1,629 Posts
I hear you Corporal, you do what you can with what ya have...

Got to say I have peeked at some of the prices, they would have look totally awesome if I had seen them last year.
GE at 16 *hide my checkbook please*

I thought about solar technology stocks but too many things not running right in the country for me to gamble with my resources, I think solar panels might be a better investment :) at least for me.

I maybe totally wrong with what is coming down main street or wall street, I guess I'm just one to play it on the safe side. :eek::

·
Registered
110 Posts
Rio Tinto (rtp) has a long way to go before it bottoms out, at 2+ mil in volume and the bottom feeders shorting, and the bad news from BHP backing out etc….wave 1 is still forming. If you like that sector, consider BHP….if I was a long term investor that one would be on my radar screen. Give RTP 3-6 months to pay off some bills and BHP might be back at the table, if that happens….load up on RTP.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts