Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Pisticus Veritas
Very Prepared!!
53,443 Posts
I wasn't his number one fan but his life overlapped our own and he left his footprint. I do like a couple of his songs. Space Oddity was probably my favorite:

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
RIP, DB. Thanks for many hours of entertaining weirdness.

I especially enjoyed him in "The Man Who Fell to Earth".

ETA: I just remembered that one of his eyes is blue and the other brown. I guess he learned how to handle being weird very early in life.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I hadn't heard he was sick; shocked to see the headline this morning.

Ziggy Stardust almost always finds its way into my CD case when I head out Jeep camping; Suffragette City out under the stars. I've still got to get my hands on The Jean Genie; one of the all time great riffs. So many great tunes; no one like another.

Damn, a whole generation of ground-breaking rockers dropping off...

·
Combat marxism Now!
9,314 Posts
RIP DB.

It's sad to see so many "rockers" dying recently. I truly enjoy rock music and that includes the quirky yet capable people that produce it, the awesome concerts, the showmanship, the incredible loudness and great sounds. Many of these guys are offshoot of the greatest WW-II generation, empowered with freedom, megawatts of radio and audio amplification and talent. To me, I guess it's just part of growing old when the musicians you listen to, start the great die-off. It's saddening, heart wrenching actually, to see my favorites go, and to ultimately realize that I'm probably next.

:(

Reactions: Grevlin
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.