Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 318 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dave Canterbury has left dual survival, seems all good things must come to an end.

From what I am seeing around the net, someone has been selected to fill his place, maybe someone with special forces training.

I am sad to see Dave leave dual survival, I thought Dave and Cody made a good team. They had two differing personalities that added a lot to the show.

Rumors are going around that Dave fudged part of his military record. I do not know if that is true or not.

Dave Canterbury has a youtube channel that he keeps updated. I hope he keeps up the youtube videos, he will be missed from dual survival.

·
Forum Administrator
16,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He did not just leave. He was not given a new contract.

Cody refused to work with someone who lied about his background and training.
Good for Cody , because he deserves an honest partner.
I do not want to talk bad about someone without them having the opportunity to defend himself.

I see those survival TV shows an entertainment, and Dave Canterbury was entertaining to watch.

Watching a TV show is no replacement for getting into the bush and learning something first hand.

Dual survival, survivor man,,, are for people who do not want to get their hands dirty. If someone wants to learn the ins and outs of survival, then take a class. Or go on a wilderness camping trip and practice their survival skills.

·
Banned
423 Posts
He did not just leave. He was not given a new contract.

Cody refused to work with someone who lied about his background and training.
Good for Cody , because he deserves an honest partner.
Especially when you have to share a sleeping bag and swap spit with the other. Truthfulness is key when starting a survival family. Blah blah blah

Maybe Dave just got tired of Cody's incessant whining about "going after" things that can "go after you". Notice Cody wasn't complaining when he was filling his belly.

I like the show but one thing that grows tiring is the fact that Cody is always whining about everything and don't do this or you will die and nature is a b*tch, and you will die. Seems he has some serious fears to conquer before I can take him seriously.

I will give kudos to Cody, he can start a fire just about anywhere with anything. He is definitely a master over fire. Dave is a serious hunter. If I had to pick, I would rather be stranded with Dave than Cody. With Dave I would be eating like a king, though I would miss Cody as he make things warm and likes to snuggle. LoL...

Good luck to Dave, hope he keeps going forward with his skills and youtube videos. Maybe Discovery will find another mate for Cody, should be called the Dual Survival Dating edition. I don't think Dave knew what he was getting into.

·
Forum Administrator
16,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lee Stroud?
Less Stroud what? Joining dual survival?

Rumors say the replacement is someone new.

As much as the show wants to portray experts in the field, I guess all of the camera crew are survival experts and ex-special forces?

·
Banned
731 Posts
Not making false claims here at at. Dave C. lied and the producers called him on it.

If you watch the first episode start where they list DCs background training , then watch the last episode for the same content, you won't find it.

Of course DC won't go WWW and tell us he is a liar. Bad for his future earnings on survival gear and schools.

·
Forum Administrator
16,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not making false claims here at at. Dave C. lied and the producers called him on it.

If you watch the first episode start where they list DCs background training , then watch the last episode for the same content, you won't find it.

Of course DC won't go WWW and tell us he is a liar. Bad for his future earnings on survival gear and schools.
While I understand your points, TV shows are supposed to be entertaining.

The Dave + Cody combination was entertaining.

·
Forum Administrator
16,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Anarchist/Animist Primate
5,771 Posts
I heard a rumor that Dave Canterbury and Mike Hawke might be doing a show together that involves teaching teens survival skills or something like that. Don't know if it's true.

The person they got to team up with Cody is supposed to be an unknown with a military background. Cody wouldn't say much about him, but he did say that he had a lot of respect for the new guy. I guess we'll see. :)

·
Banned
423 Posts
Cody must like a man in uniform. He just needs to find the right one...

I probably wont watch anymore as I don't care much for daytime soap operas, even if they are wilderness themed.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Same old crap that that tomahawk prick started years ago because of his jelousy of DC's success. All that crap started on the Pathfinder forum spinoff site. The mods/owners there for some reason got butthurt when it became known that DC was getting a show and ybey set out to do everything they could to disccredit DC and try to detract from DC's reputation and success in everyway they could. Thats all it is. Petty jelousy from pathetic people. Now it seems that their tactics may have worked to an extent.
Dual Survival will not be as good anymore and Cody is not enough to carry the show. I suspect he hac a hand in DC not being on the show anymore and it will come back on him. DC confirmes his new show will be with Myke Hawke on the outdoor channel. Im sure it will be much better ghan DS ever was

·
Forum Administrator
16,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DC confirmes his new show will be with Myke Hawke on the outdoor channel. Im sure it will be much better ghan DS ever was
I am glad Dave is getting a new show.

Not meaning to sound gay or anything, but there is something about Dave Canterbury that I like.

He may have fudged his experience to get a foothold, but how many people can say they would not have done the same thing?

If Dave had to stretch things to make money for his family, then more power to him. As far as I know the team was never in any serious danger, as the camera crew was always present.

If the show was something like what les stroud does with just him and the camera, then yea, things might have been a little more serious.

As long as there is a camera crew, and someone has a satellite phone, then what is the big deal?

·
V
21,713 Posts
1 - 20 of 318 Posts