Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got this e-mail yesterday, was trying to figure out how to post it & for some reason it would only save in 2 separate jpegs files? Marty Daniels picture was the header. I hope this is the correct section to post this. Almost forgot to mention that below the letter itself was links i could click on to send a letter to my congressman/senators ect...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
I would guess the thought behind the letter would be Daniel Defense want's their guns in the hands of responsible and of sound mind gun owners only
Not saying that I believe in the fix ncis act but at the same time I understand what he is saying.

·
Fenced In
3,363 Posts
I am always wary of anything that involves the government trying to justify keeping more records on citizens than is absolutely necessary, given how easily information can be abused. However, I can't ignore the fact that the actions of people who are 1) mentally ill (Cruz, Lanza, etc.) and/or 2) were already supposed to be prohibited from owning guns (Texas church shooter Devon Kelley, per the Air Force) are exactly the sorts of things that get the anti-gunners demanding more gun control.

I can't speak for folks in other parts of the country, but as it stands now, I have at various times filled out the following:

- Permit to purchase (city)
- Permit to carry (county)
- 4473 (federal)

Now, one would think that the city and county info is provided to, or at least accessible by, the actual NICS staff. Maybe it is, but maybe it's not, if my city or county for some reason doesn't make it available. And maybe, if someone is completing a 4473 and lies about one or more item on the form, NICS will catch them in a lie, but maybe not. Bear in mind, I'm not suggesting adding to what already exists, but if we are already being subject to all these questions at different levels of government, what the hell good is it if the "bad guys" who undergo the same questioning just breeze through and (for all practical purposes) legally get a gun simply because the system didn't work as intended?

As far as manufacturers are concerned, I don't know anything about the ownership and management of Daniel Defense, but many firearms manufacturers are owned by parent companies or shareholders who get the final say, and some insist that the manufacturer make some sort of public statement in the wake of a tragedy . . . or make concessions of some kind. In some cases, that may mean the founder/president/CEO of the company has to "take point" and make some sort of statement. Many of the "silent partners" may not even be pro-2A at all, but happened to buy stock or have some degree of ownership in a firearm manufacturer. Nobody wants to see their product touted as the weapon of choice for a murderer, especially owners/shareholders who aren't 100% on board to begin with.

All that being said, I think Daniel Defense and other manufacturers need to stick to what their good at, not at preaching policy. Just as most politicians don't know much about the guns they want to ban, most gun companies are pretty inept when it comes to actually articulating valid points concerning politics.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can't speak for folks in other parts of the country, but as it stands now, I have at various times filled out the following:

- Permit to purchase (city)
- Permit to carry (county)
- 4473 (federal)

- Permit to purchase (city)? You need a permit to purchase a gun in the city you live?

·
Awesome
17,074 Posts
I would guess the thought behind the letter would be Daniel Defense want's their guns in the hands of responsible and of sound mind gun owners only
Not saying that I believe in the fix ncis act but at the same time I understand what he is saying.
sounds like misguided belief.. the ONLY way daniel defense can ensure their product is not misused after being sold on the free market is for daniel defense to get out of the business of making guns.. which after ****ing off that free market may not be that far in the companies future

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah we need more government control of our right to bear arms. The rinos in FL just passed a gun law that makes it a felony for an FFL to sell any gun to anyone under 21. So if your 18, 19, or 20 the only place you can legally buy a long gun now is from a private seller. No NICS checks period. So our brilliant legislature decided to make things safer by making sure 18-20 year olds only get guns with absolutely no background check. Brilliant!

·
Registered
262 Posts
It the man’s company, his right to say and do what he please. I will defend that right as it should be.

Just as my right to spend MY coin with WHAT company I wish to support, back product, feel at ease dealing with.

Don’t you all just love the free market economy!!!

Joke and off cuff comment aside, yea what the heck do they think that going to achieve no gun hater going to go oh DD them ok leave them alone or any, God forbid future law going to have any clause DD excepted. A lot of pain for no gain is my call there folks DD stupid move. You read the mood and market wrong badly there.

Well just like many company in all sorts of fields find out, read market wrong and make a decision will cost you sales that what doing business is, wrong call will hurt you too late now folks.:confused::mad::confused:

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I would be interested in hearing why Marvin Daniel hates America and wants to repeal the Constitution. What happened in his life to create this hatred of the United States? Or is he just very gullible/stupid? One or the other.
Good questions indeed, you could always post those questions here in the post Marty Daniels started. :thumb:

https://www.facebook.com/DanielDefense/

The post in question is at the top of their Facebook page, its still up they have not taken it down. It has over 2,000 comments.

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
https://www.facebook.com/DanielDefe...lehlNG_H0sG94vVvs58KkpJ7Fm-AcDpCF7G2A&fref=nf

"Daniel,
I am sorry you are taking that approach Daniel. NICS is just another firearms registration gimmick. Yes, the govt tells us no they just throw away the records at the end of the day. Surely you do NOT believe that? I only spent 26 years of my life in the Federal govt and I know well they throw nothing away and they lie and I know that very well! The 2nd is clear: "shall NOT be infringed".

If you want to support something that will impact the murders that have taken place on our schools, then try this: NO GUN FREE ZONES! Did NICS stop the Boston Bomber? How about 9-11, or the guy who rented a Home Depot truck to run people down, do I need to go on. Does ANYONE think that NICS has slowed the carnage taking place on the streets of Chicago? If you want a gun, then NICS will not stop you from obtaining a gun, simple as that. NICS like speed limits or DUI laws only apply to those that obey the law to begin with.

I have been a gun owner over 65 years, I carried a M 16 and or a 1911 most of my adult life and used it in combat as a professional Infantry soldier…when I was in the Army, stationed at Ft Hood, twice it was not a GUN FREE ZONE. What kind of special stupid thinking would make the nation's largest combat post GUN FREE ZONE. ONLY good men and women with guns can STOP bad actors with guns!

You make a fine gun, one which I have recommended many times. Please do not make me stop!

Don, US Army Infantry (RET)."

1 - 20 of 123 Posts