Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
The Bad guy
1,512 Posts
lots of good info on these already, try searching for dandelions in the search function, that may be able to give you all you need to know, but the leaves and flowers are edible. the white milky substance can be used as an extremely weak glue.

·
Banned
1,035 Posts
The roots are also edible, usually boiled. When roasted and dried they can be used to extend coffee, as chicory is used. On my web site I write about them in the archives eattheweeds.com

·
Registered
447 Posts
lots of good info on these already, try searching for dandelions in the search function, that may be able to give you all you need to know, but the leaves and flowers are edible. the white milky substance can be used as an extremely weak glue.
Used as glue? I never knew that thanks.

·
FlyLeaf Rocks!!
141 Posts
Popeye would love it!

Yeah, when you eat the Dandelion you should boil the green parts first, and if possible, change the water and boil it again. This will get rid of the awful flavours and make it taste just like spinach :p ! Alternatively, you could take new, young Dandelions and make a "tossed salad" out of them with other ingrediants to get rid of the bitter flavour when they are not cooked.

Hope this comes in handy!

SgtPepper

1 - 7 of 7 Posts