1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Firefighters Upset Over Fellow Serviceman's Arrest
Reporting
J.D. Miles
DALLAS (CBS 11 News) ― A high-ranking Dallas firefighter went from responding to a wreck to wearing a jail inmate uniform within minutes early Sunday morning.

Firefighters say it was the result of an out of control police officer.

Captain Kenneth Harris was responding to a wreck on I-635 with other firefighters when he reportedly became upset at the slow police response to the scene to divert traffic.

Firefighters say Captain Harris let his frustration out to an officer and found himself in handcuffs after poking the patrolman in the chest.

Dallas Firefighter Association President D. D. Pierce says the officer acted improperly and created unnecessary tension between the departments.

"You embarrass him, you handcuff him, you put him on the fire engine and make him wait for 45 minutes before you take him downtown, and then you have to go through the indignity of being booked in there, having to put on the striped uniform that the bad guys wear," said Pierce.

Pierce said Harris was taken to jail before being released with a misdemeanor citation for offensive contact.

The Dallas Police Department tells us that it will investigate the arrest, saying that officers have options in situations like this and at this point, they don't know which option was best.

(© MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

·
Registered
880 Posts
Bet he wouldn't have cuffed the fireman if it were his family needing resuscitation...

The cops are known to stop and issue tickets to speeding ambulances & fire trucks with sirens blaring & flashers illuminated on the way to an emergency in or near Cynthiana KY...

·
Information is Ammunition
22,122 Posts
Captain Harris you say???

PROCTOR!!!!!

·
Registered
207 Posts
Here in my county the first one on the scene is in charge and can tell the cops to get f****d. I am with the vol fire deparment and we get that right lol.

·
Salad Shooter
300 Posts
Be careful coming out of stores around this guy. God forbid you fumble with a package and bump into him. If a poke from a FIREMAN gets you arrested then a full on bump might get a regular joe tazed and hog tied.

Would he have arrested a fellow officer who poked him too?

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
Back in my firefighting days, probably about half of us held commissions with PD also. We shared a building for our central station and our dispatch handled calls for both. We all ate, drank and played together. It was like family. I can't imagine something like this happening. Pretty sad.

·
dum dum
1,249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Back in my firefighting days, probably about half of us held commissions with PD also. We shared a building for our central station and our dispatch handled calls for both. We all ate, drank and played together. It was like family. I can't imagine something like this happening. Pretty sad.
there are a few cross-trained departments here too...sure would hate to "go in" when ya forget and wear your sidearm under your bunker gear!:D:

·
22,122 Posts
di he poke the cop or did he POKE the cop?

·
22,122 Posts
and my uniformed gay joke keels over and dies like a deseased rat

1 - 17 of 17 Posts