Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, mostly because they are so cheap (less than $200 for 95%+ condition), the ammo is cheap (as cheap as 10-15 cents per round) and because I'd like to own a "big" pistol, I think I will buy a CZ-52 from a local shop in Vermont.

I am not planning on using this gun for self defense. Mostly it will be for killing pieces of paper in a safe, wooded location. I will probably never "carry" it. If I buy it and like it, I do expect to stockpile some ammo for it, maybe 2,000 rounds (again--it's just so damn cheap!)

Please tell me why buying this pistol would be stupid, not-very-stupid, or actually a good idea.

Thanks, Tom.

·
Banned
97 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
The 7.62x25 round will punch a hole through body armor. I don't know what else you can expect from it. Most of the ammo around today is for machine guns. it is hot and the 52 is hardy enough to handle the round. Is it my first choice for a carry gun? NO. I prefer newer guns with double stacks. I have shot the gun with police officers at body armor in case you need to know. It is a great round.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Hippie,I can't remember the exact date.But,A couple years ago,The shotgun news did a test with a Cz52 just for fun.They put it up against a .45 and the new .50GI.Look up the article if you can find it.You will be pleasantly suprised.If you get one,replace the firing pin asap.There very brittle, and can brake when you don't want it brake.I bought one a few years ago and love it.I hope to buy another one if I get a chance.

Reactions: HippieSurvivalist

·
Registered
647 Posts
I really like my 52. I found a drop in 9mm barrel for mine. I haven't tried it with the 9mm barrel yet. I also have an email adress for a guy who makes custom colored grips for the 52. I put some ivory looking ones on mine and they look great. I would like to get mine powder coated OD green, wonder if powder coating it would cause any problems? Any way, good little pistol and ammo is cheap. Fun to shoot!! Go for it!!!

Tbull:cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
I have a 9mm barrel with my CZ52 - actually its the complete slide/barrel unit. Be aware that you have to modify the extractor to make 9mm feed properly. This is done by stoning the front underside lip of the extractor nearest the center of the slide. This allows the extractor to slip over the 9mm cartridge rim and hold it properly. The magazine normally doesn't need any tweaking.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts