Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Deo VIndice
6,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about getting one as a back up. 7.62x25 caliber. Small and fast bullet, This is a bottlenecked, .30 caliber round, that shoots a 90 grain jacketed Ball at around 1,500 fps.

As a result, it is a big penetrator.

Anyone have one? Any issues? I know the surplus ammo is corrosive, but that's no big issue as I don't mind cleaning guns.

surplus ammo is still super cheap as well.

Also after reading the box o' truth review I noted the wound channel is small but it will go thru current kevlar helmets.

Whatcha think? I already have a 1911, a 9 and 38.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/edu25.htm

·
Warrior of the wasteland.
149 Posts
I've been meaning to pick one up myself...
I have heard the original firing pins are brittle and have a tendency to break
but aftermarket ones are pretty easy to come across...
there are also 9mm barrels around... so for a little more money you can have a quality 7.62x25 & 9mm parabellum!
I'd say get one.

·
Registered
6,619 Posts
Get the rollers and the firing pin replaced with the aftermarket replacements and they are great guns, fire breathers no less and the 7.62 X 25 is smoking when it leaves the end of barrel, also if you have a little more money and time replace the extractor and a 16 lb spring a sweet shooting setup

·
Registered
537 Posts
Just be sure to completely tear down and clean the CZ-52 when you receive it and you will probably never have any problems with it,,buy plenty of 7.62x25 ammunition too as the CZ-52 will empty the 8 round magazine in record time,,,lots of fun to shoot and hardly no noticible recoil from firing,,,I did buy a stainless firing pin just in case,,,I also have heard that it will defeat threat level 1 and 2 ballistic vests but I have not tried it,,only rumor to me so far,,,still a great semi-automatic pistol to have,,,SEMPER FI

·
Firearm Enthusiast
367 Posts
I think there are far better choices out there. I would also focus on buying firearms in the calibers you already own, as opposed to adding a 4th handgun round to your collection. 9mm is abundant and pretty cheap, so if you really need another handgun, I would buy another 9mm.

Maybe a Glock 17/19, a Springfield XD, or a S&W M&P. If you're looking for a carry gun, check out a Kel-Tec PF9 or a Taurus PT709 Slim.

·
Hostile to outsiders
174 Posts
I used to have one. It turns heads when you touch a round off at the range. The only thing I had against mine was the firing pins. I must have gone through 3 or 4

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
The firing pin issue is because of dry firing otherwise a super gun for the price and I have a couple of extra pins stocked away. I have found some surplus ammo fenicky and suggest S&B commercial worth the cost. Basically your have a machine pistol round performance from a hand gun. In my opinion matches up well with AK clone for a sidearm carry. You can also use for reloading 7.63x25 mauser brass ( the broomhandle cartridge ) will shoot in a CZ but may not eject.
I have the dies and reload for this round using 30 carbine bullets. The standard round is excellent against E&N class Urban Insult Vehicles.

·
Sugar-free
4,184 Posts
I absolutely love my CZ-52. I replaced the firing pin with a spring loaded aftermarket one, kept the old one as a spare. I put a set of American Walnut grips on her, and bought a bunch of ammo.
A few observations. DO NOT shoot a CZ-52 without earplugs! I shot a wild dog/coyote hybrid with my CZ and could not hear for 2 days. I had it loaded with Czech surplus ball, and shot it twice. Both rounds zipped through, and appeared to be more like rifle wounds than handgun wounds.
Also, it will defeat a level IIa vest. My 1sgt and I did some shooting in a national guard armory with a current issue Interceptor vest minus the SAPI plates. The vest was velcroed shut, hanging 5 feet off the ground at a distance of 20 feet. Shot head on.
9mm 124 gr FMJ from a Browning Hi-power made it through 1 layer, and stopped in the second. 9mm JHP's did not even penetrate the first layer, mushrooming out on the surface of the vest. .45 ACP 230gr hardball out of a 5in 1911 was also stopped in the first layer.
Just for kicks, I shot the vest with my CZ-52, using Romanian surplus ball. The vest, which had violently reacted to being hit with the .45 and the 9mm, barely moved. After firing 3 shots, I went downrange to check the Interceptor, because I thought I was missing it. Nope. All three rounds had gone completely through the vest, front and back. I emptied the rest of the magazine into it, and in the same fashion they all passed through with no drama. Quite impressive!

·
Dangerous Old Man
997 Posts
Yep, I have two...
Fun little shooters, near indestructable. Flings the hulls for miles.
One is a little picky about surplus ammo, the other eats anything.
Mags are a bit pricey though.

Them Russians know what they are doing when it comes to combat arms.

·
Registered
4,655 Posts
Where did you find wood grips for it?
Who makes/sells the best firing pin?

Great gun for a hand out to relatives when SHTF

I wish Glock would adopt this caliber.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I have one and I love it! cheap ammo for about 80 for 800 rounds is the main advantage. second is great accuracy and a comfortable trigger for a old military handgun. I can put all 8 rounds downrange fast and with good control. also this is a tough gun because i take it in the woods everywhere and i drop it in the snow and mud all the time and its always fine. if u get one i would replace the firing pin, hear they were out easily with dryfiring especially.

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
Yep, I have two...
Fun little shooters, near indestructable. Flings the hulls for miles.
One is a little picky about surplus ammo, the other eats anything.
Mags are a bit pricey though.

Them Russians know what they are doing when it comes to combat arms.
Grumpy Soviet yes Russian no
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CZ-52
They are Czechoslovakian.

·
Registered
124 Posts
cz 52

I like mine. It was cheap, ammo is cheap and reasonably available, and it is quite accurate with a flat trajectory.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts