Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Set here for a good hour trying to cut potatoes to start scabbing over. Talk about a job, LOL. Cutting the potatoes wasn't the problem, it was wrangling 4 dogs and 2 cats.

I made the mistake of setting on the floor, which I like to do occasionally, and trying to cut 40 lbs of 6 different types. Adirondack Blue, Austrian Crescent Fingerlings, French Fingerlings, German Butterball, our Russets out of the store that are sprouting eyes like crazy and a potato off Amazon called Yellow. I meant to get some Yukon Gold but forgot about those.

Oh well, I think I have plenty as is and maybe next year i'll get some. Hopefully.

Anyway, lol. I got my boxes set up to put each type in by themselves, got my knife, potatoes and something to drink. What I forgot was to shut the back door to the back yard. All the animals were outside and they'd been outside for awhile so I didn't think anything about it.

In the middle of the floor just having myself a good old time and next thing I know i've got 2 cats trying to get in the boxes. We all know how cat's love boxes. 1 dog trying to eat the potatoes, 2 others trying to get in my lap and the other 1 grabbing potatoes and running to the back yard with them, I guess thinking they were a ball or something.

It was utter chaos there for a few minutes. And it didn't help that I was having a hard time getting up off the floor with 2 of them trying to get me down to love on me, LOL. But, hey, 1 good thing is somehow my drink didn't get spilled, LOL.

But it was funny and I don't know about y'all but when I get the giggles and start laughing I can't hardly do anything. But finally got up off the floor, got the cats out of the boxes, made everybody go back outside and made sure to shut the back door this time and found 3 of the 4 potatoes 1 dog took. Don't know if he ate it or buried it.

Then finished cutting them. I'm happy, have a funny memory but oh my hand hurts, Rheumatoid Arthritis in the hands is a bummer, took some Tylenol Arthritis because of my hands and my back. Didn't think cutting potatoes for an hour would hurt my back but yea it's giving me fits sad to say I am done for the rest of the day. The dishes will just have to wait.

But i'm so looking forward to getting this garden started.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts