Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know its a long shot due to the lack of traffic we have on this forum, but would any of you guys be up for a meet and greet kind of thing? Maybe something in a state park where we can shoot the ****, talk preps/skills and whatnot...

I think it'd be nice to meet other like minded people, and share some knowledge with one another.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know its a long shot due to the lack of traffic we have on this forum, but would any of you guys be up for a meet and greet kind of thing? Maybe something in a state park where we can shoot the ****, talk preps/skills and whatnot...

I think it'd be nice to meet other like minded people, and share some knowledge with one another.

Thoughts?
Unless it was a meet to form a group, and a plan...it's not a good idea. I.e.:OPSEC

·
The Mom
1,163 Posts
I'm between Fairfield/New Haven counties. Weather's getting warmer (kinda lol)

I'm down. Would be nice to not feel so isolated. CT isn't exactly full of like-minded folks...

·
Registered
57 Posts
I'm between Fairfield/New Haven counties. Weather's getting warmer (kinda lol)

I'm down. Would be nice to not feel so isolated. CT isn't exactly full of like-minded folks...
Not sure what you mean by 'between Fairfield and New Haven County'.
I live in Litchfield County....that's as close to be 'in between' as I can figure.
You are so very right about Connecticut people not so like minded as we may be....that's assuming you mean conservative.
I've often wondered how many preppers there may be in Ct.

·
The Mom
1,163 Posts
Not sure what you mean by 'between Fairfield and New Haven County'.
I live in Litchfield County....that's as close to be 'in between' as I can figure.
You are so very right about Connecticut people not so like minded as we may be....that's assuming you mean conservative.
I've often wondered how many preppers there may be in Ct.
Between like, I'm right on the border of both lol.

I doubt there are many. People here are as liberal as can be and even after centuries of blizzards and hurricanes the stores are STILL jam packed the day before with people rushing in for bread and batteries. It's insane.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hey everyone. I live in Fairfield county as well. If folks are looking to do a meet and greet I would be interested. If not, then maybe we could begin a group to talk, trade thoughts and ideas. Anyone interested?

·
Registered
57 Posts
West side of Ct...or Torrington?? Now that would be a koinkydink indeed. I go to cumby's on south main a lot. You? Haha....a little hide n seek....you up for some game? How's your OPSEC? SA?

·
Registered
54 Posts
West side of Ct...or Torrington?? Now that would be a koinkydink indeed. I go to cumby's on south main a lot. You? Haha....a little hide n seek....you up for some game? How's your OPSEC? SA?
opsec outside the house is fine, SA? situational awareness? ehh, ok I would say, could always be better

·
Registered
57 Posts
Ok....this is getting a little freaky 'cause my name is Mickey, although I spell it Micky. There's a sign post up ahead....next stop.....prepper zone.....dweedodweedoo dweedo dweedo....dweedo dweedo......that's my twilight zone sound effect.
Your house isn't the one with the Gadsen flag flying off the porch is it. Naaah.....

·
Survivor
273 Posts
I would but not with a bunch all-talk-no-action wannabes. I did that before and was very disappointed. If you can't pass this test:

http://www.wilderness-survival.net/quiz/quiz.php

along with one prepared especially for group membership AND produce a very workable and well thought-out GHB or BOB then there would be no point in me joining. For those people I would recommend going to a FEMA camp.

P.S. I managed to score 105% on the quiz. I'm not sure how since there were no bonus questions but I did it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts