Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Numquam Succumbe
4,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I used to be one of those cats who naysayed those that seemed to give undue caution to catching this waterborn illness.

Here I sit now, after having lost 7 watery pounds through my backside, and I'd like to formally recant.

If you drink untreated wilderness water, it's eventually gonna catch up to you. Took me 8 years, but it finally caught up to me. Haha.

Thank you, Mountain View, Arkansas, for this lovely and lasting memory. :thumb:

·
Sugar-free
4,184 Posts
I had crypto once. About 7 years ago. I know I'll never forget it. Keep hydrated, man! The crypto won't kill you but the diarrhea sure will.

·
Founder
16,867 Posts
At least its not polio, hepatitis, typhoid, cholera, dysentery,,,,,.

They make those filters for a reason.

·
veritas aequitas
2,253 Posts
Well, I used to be one of those cats who naysayed those that seemed to give undue caution to catching this waterborn illness.

Here I sit now, after having lost 7 watery pounds through my backside, and I'd like to formally recant.

If you drink untreated wilderness water, it's eventually gonna catch up to you. Took me 8 years, but it finally caught up to me. Haha.

Thank you, Mountain View, Arkansas, for this lovely and lasting memory. :thumb:
Oh dood--so sorry to hear :eek:

·
Spooky
1,698 Posts
When I did an Outward Bound course as a young man, I was always super paranoid about drinking stream water. We were issued concentrated iodine solution to sterilize water and given explicit instructions on how long to let it sit, etc. No matter how thirsty I was, I'd never risk drinking untreated water and always waited the prescribed period after treatment. About half my crew got lax on our third backpacking expedition and started guzzling stream water when we'd stop to refill. Sure enough they all got the cramps and runs and were positively miserable. We were carrying 60 lb packs and were 10 miles from the nearest roads when this started.

·
Free Born
2,446 Posts
Baby wipes are your best friend, and even if they dry out adding a spoon full of water to the bag will bring them back to life, we all used them in the field when deployed, only way we stayed clean.

·
Registered
2,595 Posts
Friend I had it more than once, Sorry about your A** try Charmin is softer, LOL

But in a survival situation making your own fertilizer is a plus. LMAO

·
Wit is educated insolence
209 Posts
We were issued Lomotil (probably spelled wrong)
It would seal you up for 10 days which could even be more scary...but it stopped hydration loss and kept you moving.
You might ask the doctor--although I don't know if it is civilian prescribed........................it is opium and controlled.
(or maybe being the geezer I am it is no longer available)

good luck tho
Froley

·
Respecter of Persons
162 Posts
You are now the voice of experience on this topic. Congratulations...I think.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts