Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Monkey Trainer
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any recommendations for a crossbow? Im not looking to spend an arm and a leg on a crossbow, just a decent one that I could use for hunting.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
My wife has the Wicked Ridge warrior and I have the Invader. Both are awesome bows and we killed 4 deer with ours last season. I posted pics here last year of my wifes first buck in 10 years. Ill see if I can dig it up again. That is the wicked ridge Warrior.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
While not particularly fast or stylish I've found my Horton Tacoma Trac-150 to be any excellent entry level bow or tool for the casual crossbow hunter. I've taken one deer with it so far and at it's measly 260 FPS it was more than adequate IMO.

·
Registered
79 Posts
There seems to be a fairly decent cheap 150lb crossbow that's made in China and sold under license in most Western countries.
I have the Armex model and it's pretty practicle.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzBodls2-3g
If you could find something similar the price would be relatively cheap and the crossbow shoots accurately enough.
Ideally you'd want no less than 150lb for hunting but the more important thing is to use broadhead bolts.

·
Registered
408 Posts
Wicked Ridge seem to be good ones. I was shopping for a cross bow last year and bought a Parker because it fit me so well.

Right around 300 bucks with a red dot included. I've shot the heck out of it and it's fast and accurate and I feel like I got my money's worth. A nice bonus is that it shoots the Razor Trick broad heads I like to the same point as field tips.

·
RIP Dad
1,993 Posts
I have a Horton bone collector. it is deadly accurate even at 50 yards. It may go father but I've never tried. I'd never take a shot on a deer much past 40. It was on sale at ****s last year for about 500. Great bow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts