Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Bread Baker
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its sad. I live in a small quiet town. Virtually no crime what-so-ever. Occasionally someone burns a steak, thats about it. Anyways, my daughter and I just got back from running some errands. Mainly I was out pricing ammo, for both the shotgun and 9mm. I might add BOTH newly acquired:). Sooo we pull up to our house and I almost immediately notice something isn't right. I realized that my bicycle is missing :mad::mad: My wife and daughters is still setting there.. but mine is gone!

Heads up folks, start locking down cause I guess the "S" is starting to spread.

·
Never Abducted
14,270 Posts
My bicycle went missing when I was a wee lad. I had left it laying in the front yard. After much anxiety on my part my father said he'd see if he could find it. He went for a walk around the block and came back with the bike. I think he might have staged the heist to teach me a lesson.

Perhaps she's innocent, but I'd start questioning the missus.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune,
I've been dealing with stuff like that for over 20 yrs now!...just a suggestion from some one who was slow to go to full alert,think as if criminal's will be back to rob you at every opportunity they get ,I've hardened my home and put the strongest lock's on shed's and such.I know I wont stop all criminal's but I made it so most will go look for easier picking's :D:

·
Registered
263 Posts
My bicycle went missing when I was a wee lad. I had left it laying in the front yard. After much anxiety on my part my father said he'd see if he could find it. He went for a walk around the block and came back with the bike. I think he might have staged the heist to teach me a lesson.

Perhaps she's innocent, but I'd start questioning the missus.
Smart father you have,did it teach you the lesson he was hoping it would?

·
Never Abducted
14,270 Posts
Yes, I stopped leaving my bike laying in the front yard where anyone walking by could steal it. I don't know that he staged it,but it was amazing that he found it so fast.

He actually was a great father.

·
PaPaKAPture
248 Posts
It's a shame too. My situation was that I saved and busted my behind, kep my credit perfect to buy a house in a nice neighborhood.

A year later, 3-4 vacant houses on my block, picked up by "investors" and sold on land contract. IOW, a bunch of white trash with no credit have now moved in on my block.

Two months ago, there was a shootout down the street about 10 houses down.

My next door neighbors moved here after witnessing a murder in Flint (land contract), and they are the trashiest people I have ever known. He's got about 5 rusted out vehicles in his back yard, he is on disability and doesnt work, so every night theres a WT party until 11 at night, and it never fails about 4 nights of the week, as soon as I get my daughter asleep, he revs the engine of his hotrod "POS" as loud as possible at about 10 pm, waking my 11 month old.

This is what has caused me to arm myself and to get the license to carry my pistol concealed. Maybe it's time to start packing heat for you as well.

·
Registered
7,423 Posts
We moved from Chicago (the city proper), where we weren't robbed, to the suburbs, where our bikes were stolen within the first month. They were in a locked storage room, so we believe it was an inside job i.e. maintenance dept at our complex. Haven't replaced them yet because we had no room to store bikes inside the apartment.

Now we have got this place far out in the country, we can replace our bikes, but you better believe they will be secured out of sight and with a lock whenever we're not on them. We brought some cheap plastic chairs for the deck to use on the weekends, and those get put away and locked up when we leave. Nothing is left lying out where it can be stolen without breaking and entering. Once we actually move in there we may loosen up a little bit, far as leaving outdoor furniture, or the hose, or a grill out when we run to town and back, maybe. For most things, keeping them out of sight will prevent theft.

We're not going to have any false illusions as to security regardless how small the town or how rural the setting of our new home.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Its sad. I live in a small quiet town. Virtually no crime what-so-ever. Occasionally someone burns a steak, thats about it. Anyways, my daughter and I just got back from running some errands. Mainly I was out pricing ammo, for both the shotgun and 9mm. I might add BOTH newly acquired:). Sooo we pull up to our house and I almost immediately notice something isn't right. I realized that my bicycle is missing :mad::mad: My wife and daughters is still setting there.. but mine is gone!

Heads up folks, start locking down cause I guess the "S" is starting to spread.
I bet someones car broke down and they borrowed it to get home. Give it a day or 2 before you start shooting folks it might be returned.

·
angel waiting
4,071 Posts
I think you are going to see much more of this. As people become more desperate for money things will start to get stolen. We are currently looking at a security system for the house and have already bought a driveway alarm and two personal alarms that I'm going to wire up to the chicken coop. We used to keep our lawn mowing stuff in our shed but I told the BF it might be time to move everyting down into the basement thank god we have large basement doors. Sorry to hear that Farmer good luck to you and your family.

·
Cabron
1,892 Posts
Gonzales only has about 7,000 people, and we've had a gun battle right in front of city hall. A few months earlier the same folks had a car chase and shoot out driving right past my daughter's elementary school. Every newspaper edition has a new story about a stabbing or shooting. And for the most part, the tax payers pay a lot of money to keep these losers housed, fed and healthy. Eventually they may cause enough anarchy that things will collapse, and then they won't have the police to protect them from the good guys.

·
I sell US Military MRE's
6,477 Posts
Crime stats go up as illegal immigrantion spreads. It just ads to existing local domestic crime. Then you get Black Vs Mexican economic and gang competition. Then your town turns to crap. Is happening everywhere.

·
Registered
6,674 Posts
I live in a small valley and we are seeing more petty theft here. There are new (homeless) faces every day. The sad thing is that these faces are young kids. The older homeless men that we have had for the past several years, have gone on to other places. I am worried that these younge homeless will not have the manners that their older counter parts had.

Times are changing and we have to addapt.

·
Less law not more prisons
1,124 Posts
So far out in neck o' de woods, nothing serious crime wise. But I live in a run down shack looking house, so everyone around me thinks i'm broke.

Just the way I like it.

They'd S*i* their britches if they walked into my " prep " room.

Even had the FBI joke about it. " Wow man! If something ever happens, I'm coming to YOUR house!".

·
Bread Baker
3,255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Good news...

Ok.. long story short, the neighbor boy and one of his friends (both in middle school) did some "recon" for me. These are both good kids, never any trouble. They knew about a kid across town whos hobbies include:

drug dealing, gangster-ing, and bike stealing..

Seems this thief likes to brag. Anyways, the thief was spotted riding my bike by the cops, he ditched it and ran into the woods. Currently my bike is over at the police station locked up. Im going Monday hopefully to recover it.

I showed my appreciation to the boys by giving each one $20. It made their day and hell, its cheaper then buying a new bike!

The neighbor boys said that pretty much this thief is a "gang-banger-wannabe".. all I can say is its going to be hard to do with a bullet in his chest. If the authorities don't do something NOW, its only going to get worse.

We are still making plans to harden the house. This is just an opportunity to teach us what could happen. We still feel that things are going to get worse. Its only a matter of time.

·
Prepared Firebird
3,842 Posts
Glad that you were able to get your bike back. It's maddening when thieves help themselves to things that honest people have worked hard to acquire.

Unfortunately, as the economy continues to get worse.....we will probably see more and more of this.

·
Frozen Patriot
664 Posts
This is why I live where I do, its cold and dark 8 months out of the year, no one in their right mind would want to live here. Oh yea, I also have a 6ft chainlink fence around the entire property and a 110# GSD that dosen't like strangers.....

DS

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
We live in a rural area, crime used to be unheard of. Just in the last few weeks people have told me about many things getting stolen on their property. Another farm up the road from us was hit last week. They are stealing batteries right out of trucks, they are actually taking the time to take out the radiators also. Stay vigilant, I hate a thief and pity the night they drop by the Spartan Farm....because I am ready for them.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts