Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Don't buy this product. Have now tested the ones we bought and 2 have failed. Equipment that fails is not acceptable. This may show a greater problem in the lack of quality of some of the new items coming from China. HOme Depot replaced the units without question but I don't want to carry any product I can't trust to work everytime. If you are willing to test each one before you leave the parking lot then they might be okay. FOund that many stores were sold out of the products.

For those of us with budgets to keep you may want to drop by Home Depot. they have a three pack of crank Powered Flashlights on sale right now for $9.97 for the three. I bought a pack and them seem to work fine. I have some others that I paid more than that for one.

Just openned the second package and one did not work. Took it back and they gave me some that did. No questions asked. The ones that work did so well. They are not the greatest but I have kids with vehicles and will put them in each one. For less than $4 i can put one in lots of places for back up gear.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Would be concerned that you had one that was failed from the start. I suppose for that price you could bang one into the ground to see if it still worked and just keep it around the house.

Who is the manufacturer?

·
Registered
3,376 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No telling who manufacturer is. Name plate is house brand Husky from Home Depot. Most all the lights like this are made in china. I have some others I had purchased in the past for much more than that. I am testing the ones I have now to see if they hold up to regular use.

I came across some Faraday Lights this week and found that one out of three did not work either. It points out a real dilema with products being thrown together with no quality control. My company has offices in China and it is one big mass of corruption over there. everyone has a brother in law who needs you to hire him. He doesn't show up but you are to pay him.

If you want to know a really big thing in China is they consider the US made Buick to be the status symbol for wealthy chinese to have. Go figure.

Will let you know how the others hold up. Let me know if you see any good prices and quality on dynamo powered products. Thanks

1 - 3 of 3 Posts