Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
billions are coming outa the bank, will monday be a bank holiday..hurry. There won't be enough to cover FDIC gurantees..hmmm maybe we are already bankrupt???

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I dunno what you're watchin but it's not on MY tv- and nothing is showing on the live online news....

Spreading this paranoia and panic only contributes to the problem, you know...

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No, I was watching Cramer too. He did say they are seeing a run on banks, he did not name who, or in what degree though.
He said, so far it's a "silent run", that lawyers, excutives, etc. have been transfering their moneys to T-bills, draining the banks of their available cash, ie FDIC casn on hand. These are the people with EXCESS of $100,000, he is espousing congress raise the anti to 2-300000 or more to cover the runs

·
Banned
6,670 Posts
Spreading this paranoia and panic only contributes to the problem, you know...
Advising people who might not know what's going on, to get their money out before it's too late is not paranoia.

Thinking that the Status Quo can be maintained is burying your head in the sand.

It's over! Accept it if you want to make sure that you and yours have a chance to come out of this in one piece. Lingering hopefulness can only prolong the tittering on the brink but it won't stop the fall.

Anyone who understands even a fraction of what is about to happen will act to protect the only people that they can still protect: their immediate family and friends.

Sorry if this doesn't go with the Disney Chanel view of the world that some of you still hold.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
If it's a legitimate story- then OK- but I was just saying that I didn't see it on the station you mentioned, OR on a search of any of the other live news feeds that I check.

Advising people who might not know what's going on, to get their money out before it's too late is not paranoia.

Thinking that the Status Quo can be maintained is burying your head in the sand.

It's over! Accept it if you want to make sure that you and yours have a chance to come out of this in one piece. Lingering hopefulness can only prolong the tittering on the brink but it won't stop the fall.

Anyone who understands even a fraction of what is about to happen will act to protect the only people that they can still protect: their immediate family and friends.

Sorry if this doesn't go with the Disney Chanel view of the world that some of you still hold.

·
Savage intellectual
1,866 Posts
The failure of Washington Mutual included a very quiet bank run over the last 9 days: to the tune of $16 Billion in deposits withdrawn.

*shrugs* who knows what will happen next.

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
The failure of Washington Mutual included a very quiet bank run over the last 9 days: to the tune of $16 Billion in deposits withdrawn.

*shrugs* who knows what will happen next.
Sure- but the WAMU situation is "old news" as far as news goes these days... He made it sound as if there was a mass panic run on banks all around the country RIGHT NOW.....

·
high on truck stop coffee
16,049 Posts
caution,no runs on banks nationwide..

If you get caught up in a panic,jump thru your ass & yank the money,you'll likely lose alot in interest,so keep a cool head and we all should have some cash & silver or something else of value at home locked up anyway,right..?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Jim Cramer did mention that the FDIC needs to raise the coverage because people are silently running on banks, transferring out money and putting it into T-bills and such.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Jim Cramer did mention that the FDIC needs to raise the coverage because people are silently running on banks, transferring out money and putting it into T-bills and such.
Tonite, sunday, Poulsen said the same on NBC, that it was like "..hiding money under the mattress, with T-bills only paying around 1%" hmmm and, tomorrow will the run continue?????????????

1 - 19 of 19 Posts