Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever thought about using a Conlang (Created language) to communicate in SHTF? Because it is a made up language, with no references outside of itself, a Conalng would be an unbreakable covert code.

For example, one could learn Klingon for radio communications because hardly anyone outside of a total Star Trek fanatic would know it.

Better yet, you could learn a small conlang from an enthusiasts web page knowing only the smallest handfull of people would know it, most of who probably would not survive the SHTF anyway.

Thoughts anyone?

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
Whats the point of using a covert language if I can track where you are and come steal your food ? just sayin...

Reactions: Dirt Fisher

·
Registered
188 Posts
Depends on familiarity also. Japanese didnt figure out Navajo language quickly by any means in WWII. And they were experts at breaking codes.http://www.history.navy.mil/faqs/faq61-2.htm
Right, but I'd be willing to bet that any new language made by most anyone in this forum would be syntactically based in English, meaning it would probably be rather easy to break by an English speaker.

·
1,049 Posts
There is something called a "one-time pad". Properly used one-time pads are secure even against adversaries with infinite computational power.

Properly executed, a verbal equivalent would be just as robust.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Good luck... Many have tried...

At left, a Sturgeon German cipher machine. Sturgeon was the code name assigned by British cryptanalysts, the original name was the Siemens and Halske T52, or the Geheimfernschreiber ("secret teleprinter") or Schlüsselfernschreibmaschine (SFM).

At right, a fragment of a Purple Japanese cipher machine, the only known one in existance.

"Purple" was a code name used by the United State cryptanalysis effort, based on the color of the binders used to collect and organize material from this system.

The Japanese name was 97-shiki ōbun inji-ki, or System 97 Printing Machine for European Characters. The designation "System 97" referred to its design being completed in 1937, which was year 2597 in the Japanese imperial calendar. It was also known as the Angōki Taipu-B or Type B Cipher Machine.

Full story with pics:

http://www.cromwell-intl.com/security/history/nsa-museum.html

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
The methods used in the past as compared to what the NSA has at its disposal today is like comparing a Model T to a Ferrari.

I believe they have the largest set of Cray supercomputers in the world.

·
I'm the boogey man.......
6,686 Posts
you would be better off with scrambled walkie talkies.
really I have a few Motorola XTS 5000's and Astro Sabers that utilize DES-OFB encryption as well as the ability to change encryption keys for that reason

·
Registered
320 Posts
The methods used in the past as compared to what the NSA has at its disposal today is like comparing a Model T to a Ferrari.

I believe they have the largest set of Cray supercomputers in the world.
I know those are old methods.

Clusters of cray's from all points on the globe then the clusters are clustered together. And cray is the old stuff anyway. We are way past cray's.

Used to be that no one except . gov was allowed more than two crays connected together.

I set up a NT 4.0 server that was the front end I/O for a cray many years ago.

Alstate insurance co in Northbrook Ill had a old cray in the lobby made into a couch... LOL ... I sat on it, for real. No Joke!

It's being said the U.S. can't crack this one... I bet they can!

China deploys secure computer operating system

http://www.physorg.com/news161355225.html

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
I know those are old methods.

Clusters of cray's from all points on the globe then the clusters are clustered together. And cray is the old stuff anyway. We are way past cray's.

Used to be that no one except . gov was allowed more than two crays connected together.

I set up a NT 4.0 server that was the front end I/O for a cray many years ago.

Alstate insurance co in Northbrook Ill had a old cray in the lobby made into a couch... LOL ... I sat on it, for real. No Joke!

It's being said the U.S. can't crack this one... I bet they can!

China deploys secure computer operating system

http://www.physorg.com/news161355225.html
I know its a bit off thread but it may have some worth, how is PGP doing in the brute force anti-hacking dept? still the king?

·
Registered
320 Posts
I know its a bit off thread but it may have some worth, how is PGP doing in the brute force anti-hacking dept? still the king?
If I remember correctly the designers of PGP were forced to hand the cypher keys over the .gov as a matter of national security.

It's only secret between sheeple... LOL

·
Christian
39,500 Posts
If I remember correctly the designers of PGP were forced to hand the cypher keys over the .gov as a matter of national security.

It's only secret between sheeple... LOL
OK can you verify that? if that is so (which probaly is) I get to look for another encryption system, and that sucks LOL

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
The only unbreakable code during the 2nd world war was a book code. Each of you have the same edition of a book and your code tells you the page, paragraph, line, word. It takes awhile to get the message communicated, of course, but no one broke the code unless they knew which book and edition you were using.

·
Registered
320 Posts
OK can you verify that? if that is so (which probaly is) I get to look for another encryption system, and that sucks LOL
Can't verify without google and an hour or so. It was a long while back.

.gov can confiscate any technology they want to in the name of national security.

I was in the rooms at AT&T that were not supposed to exist. the ones in the recent NSA/AT&T wire tap scandal that never happened... LOL

They deffinitly were not Black boxes without lights of any kind sealed in faraday cages inside a blast room with 5' thick concreete thick walls two stories underground... LOL

Never happened...:cool:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts