Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are lots of great songs in the world sung by great singers and bands. Often times they are so beautiful or popular or moving that other singers try to copy or mimic them. Usually (in my opinion) a cover song isn't quite as good as the original but sometimes a cover song is just as good if not better than the original.

The following band is from Russia. They sing a lot of cover songs. Most of their songs are tributes to the great band, Chicago. Chicago was one of my favorite bands as I was growing up so I'm always interested in hearing their music or someone's cover of their music. Anyway ... enough rambling from me. Check out the following:

"Wishing You Were Here" covered by Leonid & Friends (I'm in love with the female singer in this band. Yum):

Post your favorite cover songs or bands.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Another one I really like (even though it seems a little dark) is Disturbed's version of "Sound of Silence." I think it's better than Simon & Garfunkel's version (just my opinion):

Here's a live version as played on the Conan O'Brien Show:

·
Museum Piece
312 Posts
Who ever remade Bad Company should be shot. They did not understand the meaning of the song. From the first word: COM-PAN-Y!, Always on the run.
You earth pigs understand

every song the new female singers try and best, lose every time.
Patty La Belle smokes all four of them from the movie song.
(tho Christine is way hotter)

ichy, ichy, ya ya

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,645 Posts

·
Comic, not your lawyer!
14,645 Posts
Quiet Riot, "Cum on feel the Noise."

According to band interviews, they hated that song and absolutely did not want to record it.

Ironically it's probably their #1 or #2 hit! And a amazing cover.

·
I say I say
993 Posts
Now it's hard to beat Neil Young's original cortez the killer... but supposedly even Neil Young said he was impressed.
Grace Potter, Satriani, and others...
I am gonna like this thread...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Darius Rucker - “Wagon Wheel” (Old Crow Medicine Show, and I think someone else before that?)

Ataris - “Boys of Summer” (Don Henley)

Dixie Chicks - “Landslide” (not a DC fan, but their singer has a pretty damn good voice) (Fleetwood Mack)

Jimmy Buffet - “Southern Cross”(Crosby, Stills & Nash)

Manfred Mann - “Blinded by the Light” (Bruce Springsteen)

Clapton - “I Shot the Sheriff” (Bob Marley)

·
Registered
1,902 Posts
Chandelier originally by Sia. Better when sung by Puddles the Clown, any other AGT contestant, any AGT Kids contestant, or my barber.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quiet Riot, "Cum on feel the Noise."

According to band interviews, they hated that song and absolutely did not want to record it.

Ironically it's probably their #1 or #2 hit! And a amazing cover.

I wasn't aware that it was a cover but I don't like that song at all. I wasn't one of Quiet Riot's bigger fans in general.

·
I love this *****
33,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
1 - 20 of 69 Posts