Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
They could have (should have) made much wiser choices for their money. I do not think surviving on partially hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup in Tang. Sprouting beans would have prevented scurvy and they are much cheaper and more healthy.

But, she's vegan so that has to be considered heavily when pondering the whole story. Here's their blog.

http://onedollardietproject.wordpress.com/

·
Go to guy
661 Posts
True to life example of doing what you have to do to accomplish a goal. I understand that it was only an experiment but it is nice to know that someone pulled it off.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Their next experiment will be way more interesting and useful: determining how little they can spend per day while eating a healthy diet.

The $1/day experiment left them tired, irritable, and compromised their health.

As an aside, I'm pretty sure they are focusing on surviving on what they can buy, rather than what they can produce/grow themselves.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Anyone have a bether tip on shoping list, for like 2 or 3$ a day thats more healthyer or what maby to plant into your garden or indoors if you live in a arctic enviorment and other easy to get foods that you can get from the nature...could be fish and such but not every one have the surroundings for those actions to be a option.

Iam shure there are other post that are similar, i would be happy to have links to them!

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
They could have (should have) made much wiser choices for their money. I do not think surviving on partially hydrogenated oils and high fructose corn syrup in Tang. Sprouting beans would have prevented scurvy and they are much cheaper and more healthy.

But, she's vegan so that has to be considered heavily when pondering the whole story. Here's their blog.

http://onedollardietproject.wordpress.com/
No one should be eating margarine or tang...

·
Wild Edibles Expert
10,167 Posts
LOL, :D: i think i have blended some words here, you know Tang is seaweed in Norway so i actually have no idea what your american Tang is...:confused:
Tang is a commercial product that is orange-flavored sugar. One adds water to make a drink. It's rather passe and not healthy. It's claim to fame is it went to the moon with the astronauts.

·
Registered
719 Posts
ok, thanks...you could sell cow**** if you said american astronauts used it on blabla tripp to bla-balbla :thumb:

·
trois pour cent
5,942 Posts
I'm not sure how well they "lived" on $1/day if they were both losing weight. Ideally, you want to at least be able to maintain a healthy weight. Otherwise you are just dying slow on $1/day.

Many from here could do it but not your average suburbanite.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts