Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took a little walk to the next Village to mine which is about 3 miles away,The village is called Barkby,any Village in the UK that ends with BY as in Bark-BY was a Viking settlement.

The first picture is of me so you can see what i wear,I have a Puukko knife and my new kuksa which Bmatt kindly sent me and in my bag i have a poncho,water bottle,billy can,fire lighting kit,emergancy survival kit,energy bars,cord,wire and a few more bits and bobs.

In One of the pictures you can just make out a kestral above the trees.
theres also a picture of a farm i pass by,the local pub which i had a pint of traditional ale in called fiddlers elbow and across the road you can see the forge which has been there for hundreds of years.

Then i took some pics of the very old church,the small red brick part at the back of the church dates back to the Normans.

the rest of the pics are just taken on may way home.

Attachments

·
Quaerite primum regnum De
136 Posts
Things were sure made to last back then, can't imagine how much work went into building a church like that. When I see pics like those, I can't help but wonder if maybe some of my ancestors might have walked in those places, seen those buildings. They were mostly from Southern England I believe.

We have country paths linking some small villages and towns here as well. Most of them are not kept up and are overgrown with brush now though, making them very hard to follow.

One thing I find that I am guilty of a lot of the time is being in too big of a hurry to get things done, or to go where I'm going. I don't usually take the time to really appreciate all of the beautiful things around me.

Very nice pics.:thumb:

·
V
21,713 Posts
Lovely pic's sticks, Cant believe your a hoodie wearing chav :upsidedown:

Nothing on earth matchs the beauty of The English countryside (IMVHO) but I'm biased a lil I guess :D:

You wore the knife on show through the village? I only ask because tbh I dare'nt lol even when out in the woods I tend to keep it under my coat :taped: maybe I'm naturally shy about such things :thumb: or I'm just sh!tscared some PC nazi will spot me while out walking his dog and have the Ole bill chasing me through the fields :eek:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Thanks for the post Sticks! 5 stars. I love these posts the most, i.e. real trips, hikes etc. Love the old buildings.

I've been busy and didn't check the board until now. Glad I finally did. :)

I must say, that kuksa does look pretty good on a belt. ;) It was the only one with any reasonable grain and color variation I could find (thought it might be just a bit too knotty though...). Glad you enjoy it.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the post Sticks! 5 stars. I love these posts the most, i.e. real trips, hikes etc. Love the old buildings.

I've been busy and didn't check the board until now. Glad I finally did. :)

I must say, that kuksa does look pretty good on a belt. ;) It was the only one with any reasonable grain and color variation I could find (thought it might be just a bit too knotty though...). Glad you enjoy it.
thanks Bud:thumb:

the kuksa is great,i love the knots they give it some charm.

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Lovely pic's sticks, Cant believe your a hoodie wearing chav :upsidedown:

Nothing on earth matchs the beauty of The English countryside (IMVHO) but I'm biased a lil I guess :D:

You wore the knife on show through the village? I only ask because tbh I dare'nt lol even when out in the woods I tend to keep it under my coat :taped: maybe I'm naturally shy about such things :thumb: or I'm just sh!tscared some PC nazi will spot me while out walking his dog and have the Ole bill chasing me through the fields :eek:
i do keep it on my belt but i would not in some places but here everyone knows me including the local bobby.:thumb:

·
Displaced Texan
501 Posts
really beautiful...you're truly blessed to live among this landscaping. How wonderful it must be to have that aromatic fresh air & green, green grass. And what I love even more from your posts, is how PROUD you are to have your heritage, and your way of life. God Bless you.

·
veldskoen no socks
2,715 Posts
Hey Bru, looks realy nice out there. Good for you for wearing the blade, just to show the fcuker$ that not everyone is a demon.
Do you reckon that iron cross will temper well?
Also thats the first clear shot we have of you, hang on just scanning it to the local customs in case you try to come here!!!

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
beautiful country paths you have there sticks,,, when we looked at them i brought up to manthing about how i wish it twere a bit more that way here... i luv all the cemetaries
they wanted to build houses on those fields and join are two villeges up into one,so the community got together and sent are protest to the Prime minister in the form of a partition and got a stop put to that one.

Its not that the two villeges don't get on we just wanted to preserve are villeges.:)

·
Earthwalker.
10,288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
really beautiful...you're truly blessed to live among this landscaping. How wonderful it must be to have that aromatic fresh air & green, green grass. And what I love even more from your posts, is how PROUD you are to have your heritage, and your way of life. God Bless you.
Thank you for these kind words,they touched my heart.

God Bless you also.:)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts