1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the People's Republic.

Man, I hate this place.

Now, with that out of the way...

I'm not long for CA, but at least at this time I live (with my wife) in a rural area of the northern Central Valley. I'm retired from law enforcement, and have been prepping now for a little over a year.

I have my beans, bullets, and band-aids. Have a few like-minded neighbors. But I am planning on following my daughter and her family to the northwest in a few years. Wife won't go until she receives her pension in about four years...

Until then, we're doing the best we can. Horrible gun laws here, but at least as a retired cop I can carry. Wish my neighbors could...

·
Prepared in NH
12,866 Posts
Hello and Welcome to the site - Until you move = Good luck and keep preparing.

·
Opinionated old Vet.
187 Posts
Welcome!! As an escapee from Kalifornia in Nov. 2004. I haven't looked back since, we moved to Twin Falls, ID. Great place for gun owners.

What part of the Central Valley? For a while we lived in Modesto than moved up on the Klamath River.

Good luck and get out soon before it's tooooo late!!

·
RH-O Negative
5,647 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Nevada (N. DFW), Republic of Texas.

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome!! As an escapee from Kalifornia in Nov. 2004. I haven't looked back since, we moved to Twin Falls, ID. Great place for gun owners.

What part of the Central Valley? For a while we lived in Modesto than moved up on the Klamath River.

Good luck and get out soon before it's tooooo late!!

We could have been neighbors...

Rural Ripon/Escalon area. Great location, but stuck in CA.

Sounds like you made the move when home prices were at their best. If only I had the foresight then.

Thanks, everyone, for the kind wecolme...

·
Opinionated old Vet.
187 Posts
We lived in Modesto. Worked for MID for 8 years than got out in 1976, moved up on the Klamath River for 25 years, Retired and in 2004 moved to Idaho. Wonderful place to live. Lots of like minded people here.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts