Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to move out and I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a good cot or a fold-up bed.

I was looking at these.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

I would prefer comfort/durability over anything else.

·
Be Prepared
448 Posts
My wife and I got these http://www.slumberjack.com/product....IZTI22&category_id=RRPBR27ZCTAZBEQWP6FWZTPSZE for Christmas last year. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to give them a try yet. They looked very comfortable in the store though.

FWIW, I have one similar to the second one you listed. It is fine, but squeaks and creaks with every breath you take.

I will update if and when I get to use my new ones.

·
3,649 Posts
i have the cabella's outfitter xl- i got the 4 piece set and have used it a few times. it is about the size of a twin bed, has a good matress, and i think it's really comfortable. i got mine on sale because their was some screw up on on the printing on the box.

i have had it for about a year, and it still looks like it's new. one thing i had to get for it was a large duffle to keep the matress in to keep it clean while transporting and storeing it. they are kinda spendy, but if you might be able to find it on sale.

hope this helps

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i have the cabella's outfitter xl- i got the 4 piece set and have used it a few times. it is about the size of a twin bed, has a good matress, and i think it's really comfortable. i got mine on sale because their was some screw up on on the printing on the box.

i have had it for about a year, and it still looks like it's new. one thing i had to get for it was a large duffle to keep the matress in to keep it clean while transporting and storeing it. they are kinda spendy, but if you might be able to find it on sale.

hope this helps
Yeah that one looks pretty good. Is it still comfortable without the pad??

Because I'm just thinking of getting the cot itself, it's cheaper.

Thanks everybody.

·
3,649 Posts
the cot alone is good, i did use it for 3 nights by it's self, but i did have a thickish sleeping bag under me. i really like the size of it, lots of room. i am 6 foot 3 inches, and 245lbs. and i like to be able to stretch out and roll around when i sleep. some ex-girl friends have called me a bed hog. but if you can get the pad, i would do it. for me it really is great. i wont go on any over night trips to a relatives or friends house with out it. no couch compairs to this cot in my opinion. and that includes most hidabeds as well.

hope this helps!

·
Misfit Toy
2,185 Posts
I know you stated cot or fold up bed, but I stayed at a remote cabin resort in the extreme north of saskatchewan last summer, and the cabin had bunks that were built from lumber 4x4's, 2x4's and 3/4 inch plywood.

It had a mattress about the size of a twin. No inner coil spring type, just a thick, firm mattress. Honestly, it was the best sleep I'd had in ages. I prefer it over the $2700 Sterns & foster we have in the master bedroom by far.

Though it wouldn't be very portable. That Teton Sports cot looks pretty sweet.

·
Registered
961 Posts
I've used a SLUMBERJACK that I bought from BASS PRO and it is an excellent bed.
Long enough and strong enough for my large carcass and quite comfortable even without my pad and sleeping bag.
It seems I can sleep better on it than a regular mattress.
Here's a direct link to the BASS PRO brand like the SLUBMERJACK.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/s...0205223_325002003_325000000_325002000_325-2-3

I also have a tent cot that turned out to be difficult for me to use since I'm so blasted tall, I have to get out of it to get my clothes on, no pulling on the jeans inside. It's rather large when packed for transport and wouldn't be a good thing to carry unless you have vehicular transport.
Here's a link to that one.

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/t...&parentType=index&indexId=cat20146&hasJS=true

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.