Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Improvise Adapt Overcome!
12,005 Posts
It's a rip off. You can go through Costco and buy enough food for 2 weeks for the same price if you shop carefully.

You know, if the survival trend keeps growing, it may just stimulate the economy so much that we never have a collapse.

·
Registered
645 Posts
thats right, dragon. Plus, I think we have gotten way past the point where we need to stock up for only one weeks worth of preps.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
My brother lives in California and I was talking to him the other day about prepping. He mentioned that Costco had a year's supply of food (he has not been prepping at all). On his next visit, he said they were completely sold out. Good deal or not, folks that had never considered stocking up before see packages like this at Costco and it makes them stop and think... and buy.

Goodness knows that my prep expenditures the past couple of months have helped the economy. :)

·
12,005 Posts
Agreed. Heck, I went through Costco last week and bought a MONTH'S worth of food.

Plus I still have a few weeks worth of Y2K food I am trying to eat.

Costco sells Rice and Flour in 50 lbs bags. I'd think it might be better to get that sort of thing.

If the economy does not collapse, 50 lbs of rice and a lot of plumbs will make plenty of Chinese rice wine!!

·
Looking upward
211 Posts
if you look at all that it contains, tools, etc. it seems like a fairly good deal for a person with limited knowledge & skills. For those of us that can cook a gourmet meal with a campfire and a castiron skillet it looks like a waste, for someone who can't build a fire - it looks like a nice assortment.

·
12,005 Posts
Sake is too darn complicated!!! You have to really be good to get it to taste right.

Chinese rice wines are easy. You basically boil rice untill it is goo, let it sit covered by a cloth a few days, and mix in mushed up Plumbs and the juice from them. Then just seal in a container that has been almost topped off with water for a few months.

That is it, and it's strong as all hell too!!

I have been distilling it in my freezer as well, so I get a Chinese white lightning!!

I also think the Chinese recipes taste better. They have a number of different fruits and herb combinations added to them for quite a large variety.

I generally make mine for making Chinese herbal medicines used in martial arts.

·
Adaptable.
1,978 Posts
dragon, got a link to those recipes, boss has about 300lbs of rice I keep telling them to rotate, they aren't into alcohol, but if I say Chinese herbal medicine, she gets all starry eyed... He and I can get drunk on the roof. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts