Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Forum Administrator
16,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's throw some gasoline on the bonfire of speculation.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2020/jan/26/coronavirus-link-china-biowarfare-program-possible/
The deadly animal-borne coronavirus spreading globally may have originated in a laboratory in the city of Wuhan linked to China’s covert biological weapons program, said an Israeli biological warfare analyst.........
Reads like something straight out of a science fiction movie. All we need now is running zombies.

I am still on the fence about the Coronavirus. China has been accused of hiding actual numbers. Now that the virus has spread to other nations we will have to wait and see how easily it spreads.

Over the next week if other nations report a spike in cases and deaths, then we will have something to worry about.

Reminder of how the Swine Flu outbreak was hyped up, and then all of a sudden it was gone.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
I have no need to convince anyone besides myself, but Wuhan flu SARS, swine flu, bird flu, Ebola etc. - all of which I was involved in from a medical outbreak management perspective (low down the totem pole) - worries me greatly even before "all the facts are in". Why?

I'm gonna quote a colleague of mine:

Because (a) the culture in China is save face above almost everything else except survival. (b) The Party bosses have quarantined between 30 and 50 million people. That is a figure I simply cannot get my head around. I read that Wuhan alone at 11 million people is, for example, ~4 times the size of London... People have been condemned to certain death through lack of clean water, food, heating, medical care. I remember reading about the Berlin airlift... how can China possibly feed / resupply a city the size of Wuhan let alone 4 times that number?

And they are deadly serious, yah, as per pic.

Why so serioussssss...? What do they know they are not telling?

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've seen this theory plenty of times already but the Israeli source is new..
Do we really trust a "Israeli biological warfare analyst"?

How ****ed is china going to be at Israel if they are the first to bring such accusations?
Such may help accelerate WWIII..

·
Registered
164 Posts
The South China Morning Post (Hong Kong based?) has daily updates on the coronavirus 2019-nCoV status in China. Some of today's articles should terrify you:

https://www.scmp.com/

Coronavirus contagious even in incubation stage, China says

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soc...ontagious-even-incubation-stage-chinas-health

China bans wildlife trade as coronavirus spreads, death toll climbs to 80

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soc...ldlife-trade-killer-wuhan-coronavirus-spreads

5 million left Wuhan before lockdown, mayor reveals, as 1,000 new cases expected

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/soc...keqiang-head-coronavirus-crisis-team-outbreak

Yesterday SCMP reported China with 1700 cases and 55 deaths. With the 5 million that escaped the quarantine, they expect another 1000 cases. The death toll is now 80 and the first article says people are contagious before they have symptoms.

Closer to home is this link from Fox: https://www.foxnews.com/health/coronavirus-arizona-california-us which brings the US cases to 5.

Consider the possibilities if a UPS, FedEx or USPS driver is infected and delivering to your place of work or your mailbox. How many others could be infected? What if the infected person is a checker at Walmart? How many people would he/she have contact with in a day? The pictures we often see from Asia with people in masks and nitrile gloves might soon be "normal" everywhere.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've seen this theory plenty of times already but the Israeli source is new..
Do we really trust a "Israeli biological warfare analyst"?

How ****ed is china going to be at Israel if they are the first to bring such accusations?
Such may help accelerate WWIII..
Well you can read the article which does a pretty decent job of laying out the "experts" credentials and decide for yourself.

Re WW3 I think they have bigger fish to fry currently.

·
Over and Out
3,347 Posts
...Over the next week if other nations report a spike in cases and deaths, then we will have something to worry about...
Totally agree.. Kiping this from the 'other thread', as I'm keen on discussion of the 'WHY', distilled out of the 'stats', herein:

..Thanks for keepin this URL's pubs Updated.. Very interesting, and - again - I go back to WHY are we Not seeing - any - fatalities Outside of China? Again - 'just a numbers thing'? (more infected = more 'chances' of deaths / case, etc) Or, is there Something 'inherent' about either the Chinese-unique physiology / immune-systems that inherently make them more 'susceptible'? Also, we should, now, be able to start seeing / plotting 'demographics' / other systemic-causals / contributories, etc within the 'death column'.. Ages / prior / current-illnesses, etc, etc.. But, I guess Getting that data - out of China - is the challenge.. :rolleyes:

..OR, again, are these stats possibly a stronger-indicator of a 'Bio-accident' - ie: if there was, say, some Huge release of 'concentrate' of this virus, that could explain the 'concentration' of cases in the area - including Deaths (in that-case, Yes, it more likely Would be a 'numbers thing'....) Again - look at that chart! Seems that something's Really 'skewed' in that province... WHY..

..And we All sure as heckfire know the Chi-Gov would do - almost Anything (ie: anyone ever see the flick 'Outbreak', where it came down to a race against finding the 'host' / antibody-source - vs - the trigger-happy General and his 'FAB' to incinerate the Town?) - to Not 'fess-up' to something like that..)

..Everyone's preps / BO-Plans / routine-modifications withstanding, I Do think this would be valuable info - if / when - it can be sussed..

jd

·
Registered
515 Posts
I read something on a link from another site that I can’t seem to find again... the link was to a Science magazine and they said there was a new bi lab in the area by the market. It was the only place I have seen this lab referenced so take it with a few grains of salt. They also said that the virus was a sars/corona hybrid.

Not saying any of it is true; just saying I read it someplace. Could be more fake news put out by unsavory N-100 mask sellers to get us all to buy more masks...

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Not saying any of it is true; just saying I read it someplace. Could be more fake news put out by unsavory N-100 mask sellers to get us all to buy more masks...
Haha reminds me that 3 emails I got from companies who sell surplus gear where advertising gas mask and bio chemical suits. Never let a good crises go to waste to make a buck.

Was also thinking 3M is probably racking in the money with mask orders.

·
Registered
7,807 Posts
T and - again - I go back to WHY are we Not seeing - any - fatalities Outside of China? Again - 'just a numbers thing'? (more infected = more 'chances' of deaths / case, etc) Or, is there Something 'inherent' about either the Chinese-unique physiology / immune-systems that inherently make them more 'susceptible'?
I would guess it would be that not many elderly and unhealthy folks travel internationally. The deaths are probably sickly and elderly types that contracted it from family or the markets.

·
Registered
8,225 Posts
This very thing is in 3 books The Demon in the Freezer , the Hot Zone , and pretty much the first 3 chapters of WWZ has best i can recall read them a long time ago. JMHO and S/FI

·
Emergency Manager
2,728 Posts
I don't think you even need to jump all the way to the "secret biowarfare lab" claim. Normally I'd be inclined to poop on theories like this... but this time, if you dial down the hyperbole... there's the possibility of a kernel of truth here. You don't even need it to be a military lab... this could easily have been an academic lab. We have labs like this all over the US that engage in the exact same kind of research. I've toured BSL-3 labs here in the midwest, talked to their directors, they work with the exact same class of pathogens.

I'm not saying it's a certainty, but I also don't think it's all that far-fetched that someone from a similar lab in Wuhan could have inadvertently infected themselves.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts