Survivalist Forum banner

4281 - 4300 of 4328 Posts

·
Banned
2,519 Posts
Medford OR. Walmart. No Vanilla soy, meat section at about 1/2 capacity.

I haven’t been able to get vanilla soy from a grocery store for about 2 months so I finally went in to get some. Well, there just really isn’t any..

I still have 3 cases of the Costco stuff but it’s just not the same.
Have you checked Trader Joes?

·
Registered
6,682 Posts
One of the stores around me gives a 5% discount to seniors on Tuesdays. I combine that with sales to up what my budget can buy.

Sales aren't as good as they used to be, but I'm still catching a few sales.

Publix. Went early this morning during senior hour. Needed to get Stoffers 1serving lasagna. Need to have one in the freezer, comfort food. Frozen section looked stocked.

Edit: didn’t seem to be as much BOBO and sale items. Though I did get boho ritz crackers. No cheese on sale, Publix used to always have some brand of cheese on sale.

·
Banned
2,519 Posts
Went to the grocery a couple of days ago. No yellow mustard. It wasn’t a big deal since I have several bottles in the pantry. I just was looking to add a few more.
Yellow mustard -- you mean you're prepping the bottles instead of mustard, salt, vinegar?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Local grocery (regional chain) was very light on canned meat. No canned beef except corned beef. No Hormel tamales but plenty of chili. Can still get canned beef from WM.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Local grocery (regional chain) was very light on canned meat. No canned beef except corned beef. No Hormel tamales but plenty of chili. Can still get canned beef from WM.
I keep seeing people refer to canned tamales. I don't eat a lot of canned stuff, outside of canned tomatoes, as I tend to cook from scratch for damn near everything. What are these like?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I'm not crazy about the canned tamales myself, but the little kids in my life love them. However, the La Preferida ones are better, not as greasy.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,995 Posts
I am not a tamale fan. I can eat tacos and quesadillas all day long though.

Got a delivery order today, they had my soda, cat food, a 4 pack of canned tuna, frozen vegetables, bread, etc. Everything on my list. Walmart delivery. I was happy they had the bottles of v8 I really like that.

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
I keep seeing people refer to canned tamales. I don't eat a lot of canned stuff, outside of canned tomatoes, as I tend to cook from scratch for damn near everything. What are these like?
I bought a can of the canned tamales to see how they were. I have to concur with Colt. I found them to be slimy. I threw them out after a few bites. I'm a fan of a lot of canned food: canned sausage gravy, canned stew, canned corned beef hash, and my favorite, Spaghettios with Meatballs. So I was hoping I'd like them. Still, I remember reading the reviews when I bought them and lots of people seemed to love them. I guess you never know unless you try them as people have different tastes.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Never had canned tamales, but I need to add the stuff for making tamales from scratch to my preps.

Walmart this evening was nearly out of all fruit trees & such. Last week they were decently stocked.
A bag of Maseca, some lard, whatever you want to use as a filling, and some corn husks will make it work. Nixtamalizing is pretty easy and if you are interested I can go through my process.

·
Crazy Cat Lady
Plan to Alamo at home.
16,995 Posts
Jeanne if you had been local to Houston I would have given you all his Spaghettios with meatballs. I had about 18 cans. My aunt said she knew a food bank. I also gave her his compleats. That pretty much took care of stuff he liked, that I didn't.

Reactions: JeanneLynn

·
Registered
179 Posts
Made a run to Sam's and Aldi's yesterday and everything seemed in good supply. Sam's had more TP than I have seen there in over a year. Hamburger meat still pricy. No low sodium Spam when I went to Walmart earlier in the week. Had to go to both Lowe's and Home Depot to find the wood we needed for a project. Lumber was crummy looking and very high in price. On the plus side going to order more green coffee beans and the prices seem about the same.

4281 - 4300 of 4328 Posts