Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
20,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought this article from the NY Post is one we should all know about. Some excerpts:
The rate also varies tremendously according to age, with a Chinese government analysis showing 0.2 percent deaths below age 40 but 14.8 percent above 80. A study published last month in the Journal of the American Medical Association found zero deaths worldwide among children 9 and under. Zero.

Like the flu, the coronavirus is afflicting high-risk groups: the elderly, those with *underlying health conditions like diabetes or heart disease and those with compromised immune systems. Are there exceptions? Sure. But that’s the case with almost every complex biological phenomenon of the kind.

More good news. This month, the Northern Hemisphere, which includes the countries with the most cases, starts heating up. Almost all respiratory viruses hate warm and moist weather. That’s why flu dies out in America every year by May at the latest and probably why Latin America has reported only 25 coronavirus cases. The Philippines, where I live, has about a third of the US population, but it’s so damned hot and humid here, so far we have had no confirmed cases of internal transmission.

Both the surgeon general and head of the CDC have advised we nix the masks; they don’t work. Instead, wash your hands with hot water and soap or an alcohol solution for at least 10 to 20 seconds. That way you won’t spread any germs when you use the TV remote to flip off the latest hysterical news report.

·
Registered
34,628 Posts
1. The U.S. Is not testing enough to make those claims.

2. We KNOW china lies.

3. Significant signs that heat does not stop (it may slow) this one.

4. The OP has been making these claims (without supporting documentation) for some time now cuz "feelinz"
(Bias should be noted.)

5. There has been little attention paid to anything but "dead" or "not dead" the number of (and severity of) the sick is being ignored. (As someone with chronic injuries..... I am perhaps more aware of this than most.)

6. I am Not Saying it's getting worse. (although looking at Italy....) I am saying it is a lie to claim that we have sufficient data to make those claims.

7. But: "the powers that be" have a vested interest in keeping the masses calm.

On a personal note:
I'm still just staying at home until we DO have adequate data to 'call it'
Not due to "the threat" but the "I'll decide after we know."

Eta:

8. Masks work. (Like everything: when used properly)
This is DOCUMENTED.
They are saying this LIE because they are unavailable.

·
20,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The OP has been making these claims (without supporting documentation) for some time now cuz "feelinz"
(Bias should be noted.)
The thread title IS the title of the supporting documentation. You deny this cuz "feelinz".

Truth is, this is an emerging story. Not only are all the facts NOT in, the available facts are contradictory. Not China but A study published last month in the Journal of the American Medical Association found zero deaths worldwide among children 9 and under. Zero.

I think it's important to keep in mind the pro's and cons to decision-making. Hardly ever is all available information in favor of a single course of action.

·
spirit animal / unicorn
2,135 Posts
I thought this article from the NY Post is one we should all know about. Some excerpts:
The rate also varies tremendously according to age, with a Chinese government analysis showing 0.2 percent deaths below age 40 but 14.8 percent above 80. A study published last month in the Journal of the American Medical Association found zero deaths worldwide among children 9 and under. Zero.

Like the flu, the coronavirus is afflicting high-risk groups: the elderly, those with *underlying health conditions like diabetes or heart disease and those with compromised immune systems. Are there exceptions? Sure. But that’s the case with almost every complex biological phenomenon of the kind.

More good news. This month, the Northern Hemisphere, which includes the countries with the most cases, starts heating up. Almost all respiratory viruses hate warm and moist weather. That’s why flu dies out in America every year by May at the latest and probably why Latin America has reported only 25 coronavirus cases. The Philippines, where I live, has about a third of the US population, but it’s so damned hot and humid here, so far we have had no confirmed cases of internal transmission.

Both the surgeon general and head of the CDC have advised we nix the masks; they don’t work. Instead, wash your hands with hot water and soap or an alcohol solution for at least 10 to 20 seconds. That way you won’t spread any germs when you use the TV remote to flip off the latest hysterical news report.
Thanks, Peter, but they say this kind of stuff, and then they send the NG to turn an entire NY town into some kind of semi-quarantine zone.

At this point I could angrily fill up a page or two with examples.

I think that our authorities telling us again that the risk to Americans was low was within a day of the first time France's head of state asked the French to stop shaking hands.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Oddly... the CDC now claims that masks are a very important part of gear to avoid this virus... IF you are a healthcare worker. This can also be found on their website. Gown, Nitrile gloves, goggles/face shield and N95 minimum rated mask.

Now.. why would they not do anything for the average citizen.. but be required gear for a healthcare worker? Lack of supply.

They work. Healthcare workers desperately need them. The supply is basically gone.

·
Registered
34,628 Posts
1. The thread title IS the title of the supporting documentation.

You deny this cuz "feelinz".

Truth is, this is an emerging story. Not only are all the facts NOT in, the available facts are contradictory.

Not China but A study published last month in the Journal of the American Medical Association found zero deaths worldwide among children 9 and under. Zero.

I think it's important to keep in mind the pro's and cons to decision-making. Hardly ever is all available information in favor of a single course of action.
1. so: you fail to grasp the difference between an opinion piece with no documentation and eronious information and actual documentation....
Example: the ****ing idiot is comparing a combination of sicknesses (called the flu) that his been around for hundreds of years and all over the world to one that's <6 months old and is still spreading.

Note: at MINIMUM you could put a article link with source links, like this one:https://www.weforum.org/agenda/2020/01/coronavirus-flu-healthcare-symptoms/
Note: you'll see medical professionals with masks, and eye protection in the video.

2. Please (try) to support this. Because since Jan I've simply been saying "I'm gonna stay home till we have information"
You can't, but watching you try will be amusing.

3. Why are you telling me what I've been saying For over a month, and telling me what I just told you as if it supports your opinion article?

4. Yes fortunately it seems as if the children are spaired. Which has nothing to do with the points we disagree on.

5. Again, your arguing my position.

Sorry dude... You fail.
Massively.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The rate of infections will fall as there are less fresh hosts to infect (who dont already have antibodies to resist reinfection), but the number will continue to climb steadily.

There will be 2-3 significant aftershocks during the first couple 'flu seasons' following the first wave as vulnerable people who missed the first wave get infected.

·
Dog Lives Matter
6,443 Posts
Flu season typically falls off in April. All we can do is avoid contamination and wait to see if that happens. Also, wait to see if there is a recurrence next fall.

The Spanish Flu, which was the deadliest flu in recent history, died off the second year.

·
20,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1. so: you fail to grasp the difference between an opinion piece with no documentation and eronious information and actual documentation....
Example: the ****ing idiot is comparing a combination of sicknesses (called the flu) that his been around for hundreds of years and all over the world to one that's <6 months old and is still spreading.
You are only able to discern differences and ignore similarities. Note how you summarily disregard a fact that does not support the sky is falling - and go right back to differences.

4. Yes fortunately it seems as if the children are spaired. Which has nothing to do with the points we disagree on.
FACT: the genus of this coronavirus is the flu, i.e., respiratory affliction. It does not make people bleed out of their eyes or other orifices.

This makes the fools hoarding TP rather silly.

·
20,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The rate of infections will fall as there are less fresh hosts to infect (who dont already have antibodies to resist reinfection), but the number will continue to climb steadily.
Another fact emerging is ~98% survive.

·
20,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
5. Again, your arguing my position.

Sorry dude... You fail.
Massively.
Then your position must be failing since I am arguing your position. :cool:

Truth is, you are NOT keeping a balanced view but full on panic. Sorry dude... You fail.
Massively.

·
Registered
34,628 Posts
You are only able to discern differences and ignore similarities. Note how you summarily disregard a fact that does not support the sky is falling - and go right back to differences.

FACT: the genus of this coronavirus is the flu, i.e., respiratory affliction. It does not make people bleed out of their eyes or other orifices.

This makes the fools hoarding TP rather silly.
one completely baseless unsupported claim followed by random comments nothing to do with our conversation.... Bout what I expected..

Then your position must be failing since I am arguing your position. :cool:

Truth is, you are NOT keeping a balanced view but full on panic. Sorry dude... You fail.
Massively.
You have yet to support ANYTHING.
Just make (more) unsupported claims and selectively respond (not like you even answer THAT!) :cool:

Tell me IF You have anything to support your unsupported claims.
I won't hold my breath.:rolleyes:

In closing:
Your ONLY "documentation" is an opinion piece without references or citations.
That's ALL. :cool:

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
Oddly... the CDC now claims that masks are a very important part of gear .....
The thing is...the CDC never said they DON'T work. They said the risk wasn't high enough to warrant their use...in JANUARY, when the risk was extremely low, and Trump tried to suspend travel from infected areas.

They also said they USUALLY don't work against viruses, they USUALLY aren't fitted properly, they USUALLY leak around the sides, and the BEST idea was to wash properly.

·
Registered
11,455 Posts
one completely baseless unsupported claim followed by random comments nothing to do with our conversation.... Bout what I expected..
You have yet to support ANYTHING.
I find it funny that from my seat in the gallery, you are both arguing pretty much the same side of things, just using different rationale to get there...:thumb:

You are saying no one can prove anything, but be really, REALLY careful.

He is saying no one can prove anything, but the little proof we DO have says it probably isn't as bad as "they" say.

Neither of you can, nor needs to, support anything.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 89 Posts