Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
9,381 Posts
No one believes the Chinese data.... so its worthless...

·
Registered
797 Posts
Well **** that is not very comforting if you are entering the 79-80 zone. I would be interested in the normal numbers of the same age group. Bet that we don't have a much better chance if we don't get get the flue.

·
Registered
4,789 Posts
I'm looking for it to reduce the homeless, drug and alcohol addicted. I see them as most hit. I will not comment on the benefit of this. We older people, the chronically ill and malnourished will be hard hit due to our aged and limited immune systems. Now is the time to build your immune system by eating healthy. Give up the vegan, paleo, pasta or whatever is the current fad and go to a balanced diet. Don't rely on herbs, vitamins or snake oil. Balanced diet, weight loss and exercise. Stashing food, medication and face masks are nice but....

·
Registered
34,688 Posts
All the millennials are laughing now, but the thing will probably mutate at some point and affect the younger people like the Spanish flu did. Then circle around again to finish them off.

Then the olds will be like.

Nah, theybe dead.

Buddy of mine said he was saving his money as the property around his is owned by "old people likely to die from the coronavirus"

·
Premium Member
4,602 Posts

·
Registered
3,425 Posts
Thats part of the equaton, but also smoking (seems to be a big one), drinking, what kind of shape you're in, hows your inmune system, stress, also a big one is any heart or other serious preexisiting condition you may have.

·
I am interrogative, yes.
1,173 Posts
WHY.........does that NOT add up to 100%........???????????????
Those are the percentages for each category, they aren't cumulative.

.2% mortality rate for people aged 20-29
1.3% mortality rate for people aged 50-59
8% mortality rate for people ages 70-79

etc.

·
902 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The bottom line is the media is just blowing this way out of proportion. The question is why? To boost ratings? To blame Trump? To hide a dismal Democratic primary race? To have us feel sympathy for Iran?

·
Looks like rain to me.
41,428 Posts
This is going to be a test of who has the best health care system in the world. Third world poopholes where they don't change sheets between patients, or ours in the US.

·
Retired *****
18,329 Posts
Solve this equation.

80,000 + x =

(*x represents all the unknown cases in China, Iran, Africa, N. Korea, Vietnam, and the USA.)
If it's an "unknown" case it's because there are no symptoms to make it known. If you aren't sick enough to go into the hospital, you won't be tested. If you do go into the hospital with Covid-19 symptoms you will either be tested or be a suspect to be tested in the future.

Only time will reveal whether or not the unknown cases will ever become known. Most will not so your equation is unsolvable.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts