Survivalist Forum banner

4241 - 4260 of 4631 Posts

·
Banned
4,969 Posts
LOL on the responses, thanks for the entertainment...now keeping it on a cheery note:
The luffa crop is setting to give a spectacular harvest, only about three weeks away from full end maturity.
Very plump gourds averaging 14 inches long.
Close to full harvest sold already.
Scrub-a-dub-dub!!

·
Possum Lover
15,338 Posts
Finally seeing a doctor about my bladder infection.

Note: 10 year old Bactrim DOES NOT do the job. NP should fix me up. I just hate to spend the money, though.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,643 Posts
09/16/2020 @11am CT in US

Confirmed 6,797,153, Deceased 200,667, Critical 14,160 and Recovered 4,069,609.

Worldwide Confirmed 29,825,056, Deceased 941,042, Critical 60,910 and Recovered 21,395,876.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________

09/18/2020 @11am CT in US

Confirmed 6,885,289, Deceased 202,379, Critical 14,228 and Recovered 4,157,714.

Worldwide Confirmed 30,481,947, Deceased 952,033, Critical 61,130 and Recovered 21,945,695.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

In 48 hours in US

Confirmed went up 88,136, Deceased went up 1,712, Critical went up 68 and Recovered went up 88,105.

Worldwide Confirmed went up 656,891, Deceased went up 10,991, Critical went up 220 and Recovered went up 549,819.

https://ncov2019.live/data

·
He Got Used To It
10,048 Posts
CAW!

And the perv wanna bee POTUS claims all those death are directly the real POTUS's fault.

09/16/2020 @11am CT in US

Confirmed 6,797,153, Deceased 200,667, Critical 14,160 and Recovered 4,069,609.

Worldwide Confirmed 29,825,056, Deceased 941,042, Critical 60,910 and Recovered 21,395,876.
__________________________________________________ _______________________________

Worldwide Confirmed 30,481,947, Deceased 952,033, Critical 61,130 and Recovered 21,945,695.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

In 48 hours in US

Confirmed went up 88,136, Deceased went up 1,712, Critical went up 68 and Recovered went up 88,105.

Worldwide Confirmed went up 656,891, Deceased went up 10,991 and Recovered went up 549,819.

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
It's harvest time.

I've been harvesting tomatoes and onions for a few weeks now. A couple days ago I harvested the ones remaining in my garden, because we're starting to get freezing temps at night.

I've been canning and dehydrating some of the tomatoes. Also am fiddling with various ways to ripen green tomatoes: putting them on trays in front of a big window, taking the trays outside when it's warm and sunny, also putting some green tomatoes in a cardboard box.

Today I'm going to hang up about a hundred onions and let them dry for a couple weeks before I put them in storage in cardboard boxes under a cabinet. I have another hundred or so onions that are lying on shelves in my woodshed; will be hanging those up in a week or two.

·
Possum Lover
15,338 Posts
I had to stop growing tomatoes. My neighbors behind me have an enormous oak tree = squirrels and the squirrels kept taking the tomatoes, or taking big bites out of the nearly ripe ones.

Hurricane headed our way. September is our big month so I already had preps. I saw my NP yesterday and got a new antibiotic for the bladder infection. He has everything he needs and I am just finishing up the last load of laundry.

Reactions: Moccasin and n1d

·
He Got Used To It
10,048 Posts
CAW!

Once there was a wicked witch in the lovely land of Oz
And a wickeder, wickeder, wickeder witch there never, never was
She filled the folks in Munchkin land with terror and with dread
'Till one fine day from Kansas way a cyclone caught a house
That brought the wicked, wicked witch her doom
As she was flying on her broom
For the house fell on her head and the coroner pronounced her dead
And thru the town the joyous news was spread
Ding-dong, the witch is dead! Which old witch? The wicked witch
Ding-dong, the wicked witch is dead

Wake up, you sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed
Wake up, the wicked witch is dead!
She's gone where the goblins go below, below, below, yo ho
Let's open up and sing, and ring the bells out
Ding-dong! the merry-o sing it high, sing it low
Let them know the wicked witch is dead
Ding-dong, the witch is dead! Which old witch? The wicked witch
Ding-dong, the wicked witch is dead

Wake up, you sleepy head, rub your eyes, get out of bed
Wake up, the wicked witch is dead!
She's gone where the goblins go below, below, below, yo ho
Let's open up and sing, and ring the bells out
Ding-dong! the merry-o sing it high, sing it low
Let them know the wicked witch is dead

·
Possum Lover
15,338 Posts
I hope my house doesn't blow away to Oz! :rofl:

Made some tinctures today. Licorice root, good for immunity. My husband has some really vile no-name vodka he let me use. He stocked up on more booze, you can't buy it Sundays in Texas and the storm is coming Mon/Tuesday.

And my friend with the pop up restaurant is bringing dinner. :thumb:

Reactions: n1d

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,643 Posts
I hope my house doesn't blow away to Oz! :rofl:

Made some tinctures today. Licorice root, good for immunity. My husband has some really vile no-name vodka he let me use. He stocked up on more booze, you can't buy it Sundays in Texas and the storm is coming Mon/Tuesday.

And my friend with the pop up restaurant is bringing dinner. :thumb:
Just an FYI in case you didn't know. Licorice root isn't good for those with high blood pressure. Makes it worse. I can't remember if you have high blood pressure or not so I just thought i'd give you some info in case you did.

·
Possum Lover
15,338 Posts
No, I don't, not really. I am cutting out caffeine.

He does, but not me. I also ordered some astragalus root to put in there too. Basically an immune tonic. I plan to take a dose before/after public outings. Can't hurt.

I have been doing a licorice root/uva ursi tea 2x a day for about a week to help clear this infection but the Macrobid is doing the heavy lifting.

Reactions: n1d

·
Registered
2,631 Posts
My oven has still not been replaced, but they did say it would probably be next week. Today, I reloaded the fridge with stuff from produce and deli that does not need to be cooked. There were gaps on the shelves in fresh and I had to ask a store employee about smoked fish, apparently it was a hot seller this week. They did have some, it just was not on the shelf. Saving all my canned stuff for later and if Covid comes back with a vengeance this winter. Now is not the time to dip into the preps.

On the positive side, I got a sometimes exceeds expectations on my review, which is rare where I work. Most employees are dead-on average. So I should get a good raise, but I don't know how much. They're making us wait a few weeks to find out on that. It is the new company's process (the one who bought us out the other year).

On the down side, the company announced a formal change in PTO policy. You had better not get sick because calling in sick counts as an unplanned absence, since everything now has to be approved at least 2 days ahead of time, and they will add those up and use them against you. Probably too many people were abusing it before, so now the rest of us have to be punished. I'm glad I don't have kids. Hopefully I don't get Covid. To me, such a policy probably would mean that people take cold medicine, come in sick, and spread it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
emh1701, sounds like the company where I work except everyone gets average even the ones that don't pull their weight. It goes against us if we don't give a 30 day notice for any PTO and being off sick falls under the PTO. I mean really who knows in advance of 30 days they are going to get sick. I work in the medical field and there are cooties everywhere, as people don't want to get a strike against them they come in sick all the time.

·
Possum Lover
15,338 Posts
We have the opposite policy very generous time off all you have to do is call, doctor's note if it is more than 3 day. They do monitor if you are taking a lot of monday/fridays off.

But it is very common for people to retire with a year of sick leave. They all get repetitive injuries/foot trouble from being on their feet all day, the women wear "cute" shoes (no support) and limp around after about 5 years working there, but still trying to catch them a good-paid man!

I wouldn't **** where I eat, that being said I did meet Ron at work, we were in a training program together. :rofl: But I was 17.

So they can call in whenever they want but they work sick because the plan is to save the sick leave, go out on "disability" a year early, burn up the sick leave having various surgical procedures done, then file a formal retirement request.

And they come in sick, one woman was talking to a friend, near me, about how she felt really terrible and had a fever of 102, sore throat, coughing in my presence (before COVID) and then demanded I give her change. I stood well away and said I "couldn't" do that. She asked why. I said "You know why" and I pointed at my medically fragile husband stocking a vending machine. She got really nasty but there is nothing in the contract says I have to provide change so I walked away. Someone else came and got change and then gave it to her. But she wasn't even a regular customer WHY would I risk our health just so she could go buy a bag of cheetos from the other vendor?

I haven't had a review in over 20 years, I work for my husband. I am the only employee; now and then he jokes about making me "Employee of the Month". :rofl:

Brutal migraine today but I would rather get it over with today as my birthday is coming up.

·
Wannabe Mountain Hermit
13,643 Posts

__________________________________________________ ________________________________________

09/20/2020 @11am CT in US

Confirmed 6,974,869, Deceased 203,904, Critical 14,077 and Recovered 4,225,579.

Worldwide Confirmed 31,061,474, Deceased 962,568, Critical 61,410 and Recovered 22,435,633.

__________________________________________________ ________________________________

So in 48 hours in US

Confirmed went up 89,580, Deceased went up 1,525, Critical went down 151 and Recovered went up 67,865.

Worldwide Confirmed went up 579,527, Deceased went up 10,535, Critical went up 280 and Recovered went up 489,938.

·
Registered
11,269 Posts

So in 48 hours in US

Confirmed went up 89,580, Deceased went up 1,525, Critical went down 151 and Recovered went up 67,865.

Worldwide Confirmed went up 579,527, Deceased went up 10,535, Critical went up 280 and Recovered went up 489,938.

What I would like to know is how many of those deaths are SOLELY due to Covid since the CDC came out with their revised numbers of less than 9300 deaths due solely to the virus. I'll bet it is still under 10,000.

·
Possum Lover
15,338 Posts
But if you are a healthy, say head injury patient with high blood pressure, get the virus, and die,as far as I am concerned the virus got you.

Numbers can be manipulated.

·
Possum Lover
15,338 Posts
Brutal, vomiting, migraine today. I ate something with garlic last night. I am allergic.

I have never gotten a migraine out of garlic though, but then I didn't used to get hives when I ate crab, either. And I loved crab. My mother was allergic to shrimp so I guess I come by it honestly.

I have been able to get down some really cold water so I am calling that a win. I have to take 3 lithium, a depakote, an antipsychotic, and an antibiotic MINIMUM in a couple of hours so I have got to get better quick.

·
Bug-In Prepper
836 Posts
But if you are a healthy, say head injury patient with high blood pressure, get the virus, and die,as far as I am concerned the virus got you.

Numbers can be manipulated.
Agreed.

If you have diabetes, but expect to live for decades, and the virus kills you, that should count as a COVID19 death.

If you have a compromised immune system, but expect to live for decades, and the virus kills you, that should count as a COVID19 death.

Sources which discount deaths with complicating factors are just skewing the numbers down for political reasons.

·
Banned
3,929 Posts
I agree with PK and ttkciar: when somebody with comorbidity gets COVID-19 and dies, it should be counted as a COVID-19 death. People who resist that idea are playing with numbers for political reasons, as ttkciar said.

As I see it, it's like this: Let's say somebody with diabetes gets Dengue fever and dies. Would we say the person died of diabetes? No - we'd say the person died of Dengue fever.

·
He Got Used To It
10,048 Posts
CAW!

I agree with PK and ttkciar: when somebody with comorbidity gets COVID-19 and dies, it should be counted as a COVID-19 death. People who resist that idea are playing with numbers for political reasons, as ttkciar said.
So watt do you think took the witch?

4241 - 4260 of 4631 Posts