Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
9,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This should be fun.

This is not to debate what WILL happen, we have half a dozen threads for that.

This is a place to post you predictions of the state of Corona in ONE YEAR from now.

A year from now, we all come back to this thread and own up, for better or worse and see how close we got. Let's see who is going to stand by their words.

I'll start off.

About 500,000 or less total cases.

About 10,000 or less deaths.

98% of all cases limited to China.

On going, low level rates of infection in SE Asia.

Minor but not insignificant global economic impacts.

·
"eleutheromaniac"
3,278 Posts
I predict that the political environment in America will be massively more horrific in one year. And I'll still be squatting in the wilderness, (I HOPE).

I also predict that one year from now most males who consider themselves "Preppers" will still be devoting most of their effort into prepping for gunfights, that they fully expect to prevail in each one.

I also predict that should there be a catastrophic SHTF event in America, that 90% of those who consider themselves "Preppers".......will slowly come to grips with an unpleasant reality.

I also predict that if there is a catastrophic pandemic in America that last for many months or many years, that this forum will then have very few members thinking that prepping for long term SHTF survival is a "Super Silly" plan, and only a minor weather event is what smart people prepare for.

·
spirit animal / unicorn
2,143 Posts
I don't know, Aerindel, but the economic news hints that China is settling in for a long fight.

“To be honest, it’s impossible to manufacture cars without China,”
says chief financial officer at Subaru Corp.

Life has thrown Xi Jinping a real curveball.

Via Twitter account Mike Pompeo said USA and private donors are giving hundreds of millions of dollars to China to fight coronavirus.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
Too soon to say. So shan’t.

Like the models like yours @Aerindale which keep the majority of illness oversees. That’d be markedly unusual though. Unfortunately.

However this goes it will be the economics around such which will cause the severe problems. IMO.

In the “keeping it in China” models, economically challenging, yet economically survivable.

If this hits here, similarly as bad? Far far harder to avoid economic collapse.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Swine flu, bird flu, ebola, bla bla bla. Won’t hear much about it within two months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
611 Posts
I’m paying attention but it’s just the next thing for the media to hype. Every year during flu season it’s something. Cry wolf , chicken little ring a bell??

I bet the flu strain going around this year will kill more people than this China virus.

If you’re prepared, you have nothing to worry about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
world pop is at 7.7 billion

I predict 10% will come down with it

with 100 million worldwide deaths overall - account to the disease the aftermaths of society

I pray my numbers are drastically high

·
The Black Death
235 Posts
Welcome to the new dark ages. Global trade is almost non existent, 10% to 20% of what it was in 2018.

World Population 7.7 billion.

~2% kill ratio, so 154 million die.

Vaccine in 2022 to globe.

·
Tested in the Wilderness
6,553 Posts
This should be fun.

This is not to debate what WILL happen, we have half a dozen threads for that.

This is a place to post you predictions of the state of Corona in ONE YEAR from now.

A year from now, we all come back to this thread and own up, for better or worse and see how close we got. Let's see who is going to stand by their words.

Minor but not insignificant global economic impacts.
I would have to dig thru posts but I do remember that I had wrote at least a year ago that the year 2020 would be very interesting. Even ten and more years ago I read somewhere that China would be a super power and the USA maybe not anymore.

About this Corona virus is maybe it will turn into a pandemic. People should prepare as best they can and have a place in the country or somewhere safe in case there is a pandemic / plague.

Maybe a year from now some of us will be able to say "Told you so!" if some of us are even still on the net or totally off grid.

·
Bugged out already
4,078 Posts
I predict the deaths in America from the flu will vastly exceed the the death from the Coronavirus by more than 100 to 1 ratio.

·
boringly normal
308 Posts
Too soon to cal it for me. How can we, when we can't trust what we are hearing and reading?

Considering the ACTIONS of governments? Worse than the flu. Considering there are already disruptions in CHina shipping? Shortages of whatever they make, prices of alternatives going sky high, or simply being unavailable.

If other Asian countries follow the pattern, well, don't throw anything possibly useful out. I was going to clean out my closet to Goodwill - not now. The clothes may be ugly, faded or so out of style even I know it - but they fit and cover me.

I'm really hoping farmers plant everything, everywhere they can. The hell with corn used for fuel, plant food.

·
Registered
867 Posts
The movie Road Warrior in real life in the USA.

Greeeetings from the lord humungus. And feral kids running amok.

·
Time waits for no one
430 Posts
Hits the US hard, Govt tries to implement quarantine. Shots fired at police/ National guard, gun confiscation tried to be enacted.... civil war breaks out, lots of angry people, lots looking for a excuse. We have a minimal veneer over the crap of our society as it is, once it takes a slight slide full on chaos. Disease or lead poisoning will be the 2 main causes of death. Hopefully I am way off base

1 - 20 of 65 Posts