Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why are all the threads being closed. Mine specifically was about post infection, ... others are news, others center around infection numbers.... I dont want to wade through thousands of posts to find information I was interested in talking about

Why not merge every post on this site into giant thread and call it SNAFU

·
Super Moderator
3,174 Posts
Why are all the threads being closed. Mine specifically was about post infection, ... others are news, others center around infection numbers.... I dont want to wade through thousands of posts to find information I was interested in talking about

Why not merge every post on this site into giant thread and call it SNAFU
You answered your own question.
If we tried to merge it, garbage would be the result.

There are too many individual threads re-hashing the EXACT same information. By closing the extra threads, the useful information is preserved instead of deleted and lost.

There are still over 20 active Corona Virus threads.

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes I did answer my question.... I dont want to wade through thousands of posts reading one more here... unconfirmed... oh he didnt have it..... ten thousand now sice....

how about letting people decide what they want to read for themselves. the search feature here is worse than google search pay for the top.

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm just a Joe 6-pack member here but agree with the mods. Several of the threads I've been reading or participating in have offered little in the way of new or substantive over the other 20 threads of so.
I agree with the red in the quote part, for those that dont give material I dont like I dont follow it... It is being forced on us which threads we have to follow.

I dont like the main corona thread as it has gone to crap rehashing over and over and anything new just gets buried in it

·
Registered
12,109 Posts
I don't think the mods are forcing anything on anyone other than to follow the relatively simple rules which I have to admit to having violated a time or two or four. :D

At some point in time the 20-plus threads become a bowl of spaghetti and none will have any value. As for going to crap; the mods are doing the best they can. I noticed one thread had been stealth edited. If you are debating anyone about how many mags are enough don't suggest that US troops are idiots. I'm sure they are looking at the main coronavirus thread as well.

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Who's permission do I need, and what form should I fill out so I can start a new thread that wont get deleted or merged or locked.

I will fill it out in triplicate and get the proper rubber stamps.

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I don't think the mods are forcing anything on anyone other than to follow the relatively simple rules which I have to admit to having violated a time or two or four. :D

At some point in time the 20-plus threads become a bowl of spaghetti and none will have any value. As for going to crap; the mods are doing the best they can. I noticed one thread had been stealth edited. If you are debating anyone about how many mags are enough don't suggest that US troops are idiots. I'm sure they are looking at the main coronavirus thread as well.
this one already has the original post #2 the mods snipe at me, and #3 my response were deleted.

·
Rom 14:1, 13; Jam 4:11-12
20,298 Posts
It's a tough call.

OTOH, it is nice to segregate an analysis of a topic as we generally do, e.g., Metaphysics, epistemology, ethics, politics, aesthetics. In this case, I was looking forward to delving into the thread comparing the history of this to the 1920 Spanish flu. That's quite a bit different than the political angle.

OTOH, all threads tend to vary from the OP, covering all kinds of tangential topics over time. I usually like when the mods make a "OFFICIAL THREAD ON X" merging some of the more active and poignant considerations.

Have a great day!

·
Super Moderator
3,174 Posts
this one already has the original post #2 the mods snipe at me, and #3 my response were deleted.
Not "the mods".... Me. I took a jab at you for not placing this thread in the proper location. You have been here long enough to know where something like this goes.

So, for the world to see, here are the two posts in question:

cannonfoddertfc said:
First of all, posting in the right section would be a great start.
THREAD MOVED.

And second off as per the actual thread contents.,.. nice derail
Neither post furthered this thread so I deleted them.

·
Forum Administrator
16,782 Posts
No threads should be closed.

It has never been my policy to close threads. That is unless the thread has ventured way off the deep end and has no hope of recovery.

Members are free to start threads on any topic they want.

Threads should not be closed.

~~ EDIT ~~

Coronavirus forum section has been added

Threads have been moved to the new section and opened.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
No threads should be closed.

It has never been my policy to close threads. That is unless the thread has ventured way off the deep end and has no hope of recovery.

Members are free to start threads on any topic they want.

Threads should not be closed.

~~ EDIT ~~

Coronavirus forum section has been added

Threads have been moved to the new section and opened.

Thank you Kev.

Organization is what we needed.

·
Wrong Side of Heaven
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I think that is a great solution Kev. I'm done with reading all the virus stuff for now anyway.
Any threads you dont want to read on the new listings just make a shortcut and use that. It will refresh and exclude topics or specific threads you dont want. Add more separated by a commas. I have several I dont follow, if you want to see the entire site just select the "New Posts" in the header.

https://www.survivalistboards.com/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=268

###.com/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=YOUR NUMBERS

This thread is 936554 if you are done here

1 - 20 of 20 Posts